Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Z-Wave Plus Wall Socket Plug in Receptacle with 2 USB and 1 AC Port
Monitor and manage energy consumption to reduce costs with the Monoprice Z-Wave Plus® Wall Socket Smart Plug. This product is a Z-Wave® switched AC plug-in adapter. AC power can be remotely switched on or off manually with a button on the plug, remotely using Z-Wave manual control, or automatically with Z-Wave programming or triggered response.
Using Z-Wave commands, you can query the plug-in to report the power consumption, either as direct wattage or the kilowatt hours (kWh). It also includes two USB ports, one capable of 1A of charging power and the other capable of 2.4A of charging power, so you can keep your mobile devices charged without using another AC power socket for a wall charger.
- Add Z-Wave control to any AC-powered device or appliance
- Switch AC devices on/off manually, with manual Z-Wave control, or automatically with Z-Wave programming or triggered response
- Compatible with any and all Z-Wave network products from any manufacturer
- Includes two USB charging ports, one at 1A and the other at 2.4A
- Compatible with SmartThings™, Vera™, Wink®, Vivint™, HomeSeer™, and Zipato®
RBoy Apps Compatibility
This Monoprice Z-Wave® product supports the Smart Apps iOS® and Android™ applications developed by RBoy Apps (http://www.rboyapps.com). Smart Apps and the accompanying Device Handlers work in combination with the Samsung SmartThings™ hub to interact with devices around your home, such as this and the other Z-Wave devices we sell.
- Allows Monoprice Smart Home products to work with SmartThings. (Not all devices are currently supported by the platform).
- Allows SmartThings to automatically recognize new devices and select the correct device handlers
- Allows users to access/utilize all of the device functions (e.g. multi-function sensors)
- Allows users to configure the advanced parameters for the devices
- Creates a user friendly interface for the SmartThings platform for Monoprice Smart Home products
- RBoy Apps allows users to create a hands free automation environment that's customized to their needs
- RBoy Apps allows multiple Monoprice Smart Home products to come together to create a whole home automation experience (one-stop-shop)
*RBoy Apps is an optional add-on and would require a subscription fee to activate.
- User's Manual (Oct 24, 2016)
Z-Wave® and Z-Wave Plus® are registered trademarks of Sigma Designs and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
SmartThings™ is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Vera™ is a trademark of Vera Control, Ltd.
Wink® is a trademark or registered trademark of Wink Labs Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Vivint™ is a trademark of Vivint Inc.
HOMESEER™ is a trademark and brand of HOMESEER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC.
Zipato® is a registered trademark of Tri plus grupa d.o.o.
|Radio Protocol||Z-Wave Plus®|
|Indoor Z-Wave® Radio Range||Up to 131 ft. (40m), depending on building materials|
|Outdoor Z-Wave Radio Range||492 ft. (150m)|
|AC Input Power||120 VAC, ±10%, 60Hz|
|Rated Current Load||15A|
|Maximum Resistive Load||1800W|
|USB 1 Output||5.0 ±0.25 VDC, 1A, 5W|
|USB 2 Output||5.0 ±0.25 VDC, 2.4A, 12W|
|Operating Temperature||+14 ~ +104°F (-10 ~ +40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +140°F (-20 ~ +60°C)|
|Storage Humidity||0 ~ 80% RH, non-condensing|
|Dimensions||3.2" x 2.2" x 1.1" (82 x 55 x 28 mm)|
Questions and Answers
I'm asking because I need something that I can program to turn on and off periodically to keep some battery-powered devices charged up via USB, and would love to avoid having an extra USB wall-wart to do so. Anyone know of any z-wave or zigbee SmartThings-compatible devices to directly do this with? (as opposed to just using an outlet and an AC charger.)
Our friendly support staff would be more than happy to assist. Thank you!
The USB outlets are NOT switched. It wasn't clear from the description (at least to me), though I guessed this was the likely case. For me I wanted them always-on anyway so this is a good thing, not a bad thing.
On a standard outlet, if you put this in the TOP plug it will not block the bottom plug. I have no problems plugging something into the bottom plug (say, a macbook pro magsafe charger) with this on top. The manual power button is on the top, so that too works fine and is not blocked if you are using the other outlet socket.
The power readings seem accurate and compare to other measuring outlets I have. I believe it does not include power drawn by the USB ports in what it reports (again, sort of what I expected).
Note this is an on/off switch, not a dimmer. You can use it with a lamp but, obviously, won't be able to dim that lamp. This is clearly described but felt stating it again couldn't hurt. IMO an on/off switch is a bit more versatile anyway since you can use it for a lot more than lamps.
For what I paid this was an awesome purchase, and a solid deal.
9 months ago
In addition, the outlet will shut itself off if the current draw is high. Combining it with a bad measurement means it will shut off on its own. I was planning to use it to control a hot water kettle but that failed terribly. Not only it goes black out on its own, it also becomes offline for good until manual intervention. This receptacle is going back!
6 months ago
6 months ago
6 months ago
Highly recommended; I wish Monoprice would also have it in a form factor so it replaces the outlet(s) altogether.
6 months ago
The USB are an interesting touch if you wanted remote turn on one of the bazillion USB things out there now, like how about a LED light strip under your bed or above cabinets.
Works great with Wink 2 hub, and thus by extension, Amazon Alexa. It's not an "approved device" so just:
1. Plug the unit in the wall. You should some quick LED blinking followed by a steady slow blinking (this means it's ready to be paired).
2. In the Wink app, tap + Add a product.
3. Scroll down, and then tap Power.
4. Tap Plug-in Switch (Leviton). Follow the steps.
9 months ago
4 months ago
9 months ago
2 months ago