Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Drawdio Kit by Adafruit, Beginner (Open Box)
Open Box merchandise are products that have been purchased and delivered to other customers, and then returned to Monoprice. Due to the varying quality of products returned, we make every attempt to supply the original accessories for Open Box products. However, Monoprice only guarantees that you will receive the product itself, accessories may or may not be included. Bear in mind that your open box product may not contain cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, etc. Additionally, the product may exhibit cosmetic imperfections as a result of its having been previously opened.
Drawdio is an electronic pencil that lets you make music while you draw! It's a great project for beginners: An easy soldering kit with instant gratification. Essentially, it's a very simple musical synthesizer that uses the conductive properties of pencil graphite to create different sounds. The result is a fun toy that lets you draw musical instruments on any piece of paper.
- Runs on a single AAA battery for many hours (even 'nearly dead' batteries will work)
- Use any pencil - mechanical or plain. The kit comes with a 2B pencil, the softer the lead the better
- Ridiculously fun for all ages
- The electronic kit comes unassembled with all electronic components, PCB, hardware and pencil. AAA battery and tools necessary for assembly are not included. Please check the kit contents list to see what is included. Assembly is very easy and takes less than an hour, even if you've never soldered before!
The Drawdio kit was designed in collaboration with Jay Silver based on his original design.
- User's Manual (Mar 16, 2014)