Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
41.3-inch Collapsible 5-in-1 Light Reflector Disc
Improve the quality of your photography by using this 41.3-inch Collapsible 5-in-1 Light Reflector Disc from Monoprice!
A light reflector is one the most effective, and least expensive, pieces of gear you can add to your photo kit. Reflectors allow you to subtly adjust the lighting on your subject, adding or removing shadows, adding or removing color or tone, or just diffusing strong sunlight or lamps.
This reflector features five different surfaces, which provide different benefits in different circumstances:
- Silver: The silver side of the reflector provides a strong light reflection, making it well-suited to use in low-light situations or to provide a lighting enhancement when the reflector must be positioned further from the subject than ordinary.
- Gold: The gold side of the reflector provides a strong, warm light most suitable for eliminating shadows in "warm light" conditions, such as at sunset or when the subject has a strong "autumn" coloration.
- White: The white side of the reflector provides a soft, clean lighting that is suitable for use in the studio or in bright outdoor conditions.
- Black: The black side of the reflector is more of an "anti-reflector" or "flag". When used next to a subject it can absorb light, creating shadows and definition.
- Translucent: The translucent center core of the reflector is intended as a light diffuser. As such it is placed between the light source and the subject to reduce the intensity of the light.
The reflector is made with a durable steel frame, which can be collapsed down to about 1/3 its full size. The translucent reflector core is contained in a zippered outer pocket, which includes the other four surfaces. By default the silver and black sides are exposed. Reversing the pocket reveals the white and gold sides.
The reflector comes in a zippered nylon carry/storage pouch measuring about 16" in diameter.
PROS: Well constructed, nice zippered carrying case
CONS: Getting it back in the case (if you don't know the trick)
If you have ever priced reflectors in a camera store, you will not be believe what you are getting her for the money.
PROS: You wont find anything like this anywhere for the price. Get one now before they figure out what its really worth!
CONS: Cons schwans!
PROS: Can't beat the price of this functional light deflector. Gives extra fill reflected light in bright sunlit portraits!
1 year ago
9 months ago
PROS: Good quality product just as good as similar items selling or 5 to 6 times the Monoprice price. Opens and collapses easily (if you're used to using this type of reflector).
CONS: None that I have found!
It smells a bit funky when it arrives, so let it air out if you (or your subject or assistant) are sensitive to that kind of thing. It doesn't include instructions to fold it back up, so if you're not familiar with how to do that, look for a little youtube demo it's not hard to do, but you do have to learn how to do it. Be careful zipping off & on the cover, as the zipper can catch it you rush things.
Just buy a couple of these and experiment with all the cool things you can do with it.
CONS: smells a bit funky at first, so just let it air out for a few hours
no instructions to fold it back up
zipper can stick/catch
PROS: Large reflector, easy to fold