Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Carbon Fiber Tripod/Monopod Expert Series - Large
Effortlessly keep your camera steady and stable with this Carbon Fiber Tripod from Monoprice!
This tripod is constructed of carbon fiber, which provides the most strength and least weight possible. The quick release leg extension locks and locking leg angles make it easy to quickly setup, so you won't miss that perfect shot while messing around with complicated or difficult to use accessories.
The tripod can be setup with a maximum height of 65.4" to a minimum height of only 11.2". The central column can be detached from the tripod and used as a monopod, with a maximum length of 68.9". It weighs only 70.5 oz., can accommodate up to 44 lbs. weight capacity, and when folded for storage, measures only 17.7" long. It features a 3/8"x16 screw mount for attaching a camera head (not included). A zippered nylon carrying/storage bag with shoulder strap is also included.
- Maximum Height: 65.4" (1660mm)
- Minimum Height: 11.2" (285mm)
- Maximum Monopod Length: 68.9" (1750mm)
- Folded Length: 17.7" (450mm)
- Weight: 70.5 oz. (2000g)
- Load Capacity: 44.0 lbs (20kg)
- Tube Diameter: up to 29mm
PROS: Solidly built, rugged, easy to adjust the legs
CONS: A bit heavy
Using a giottos mh-1001 ball head I can still fold this up and fit it in its own bag., so portability is excellent.
I have 2 complaints.
1) The leg locks need to be turned fairly tight to prevent accidental slippage. Once tight though they are good, and loosening them is not an issue. It would be nice if they fully tightened with less effort.
2) It would also be nice if the leg tubes were longer to allow for a more stable platform at eye level without extending the center post which sacrifices vibration stability. I would trade the center post all together to get an extra foot of height from the legs alone.
PROS: Reasonable weight, good stability, price, portability
CONS: Stability at full extension, leg locks could be better.