Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Add chorus to your pedal board with this Chorus Pedal from Monoprice!
This pedal produces a chorus effect, which makes your single guitar sound like multiple guitars playing in unison. You can control both the Depth and Speed of the chorus effect, as well as the output volume. The pedal features true bypass, so it won't alter your tone when not actively in use.
The casing is metal for long term durability. It is powered using either a 9VDC power adapter with a negative tip/center, such as our 9V Power Supply for Guitar Pedals (PID 611690) or a 9V alkaline battery (not included).
|Input||1/4" monaural TS jack (impedance: 100 kilohms)|
|Input Impedance||100 kilohms|
|Output||1/4" monaural TS jack (impedance: 150 ohms at max volume)|
|Output Impedance||150 ohms at max volume|
|Recommended Load Impedance||10 kilohms|
|Power Requirement||9V alkaline battery or 9 VDC AC adapter (tip/center negative plug)|
|Dimensions (WDH)||2.9" x 4.5" x 1.9" (73 x 115 x 48 mm)|
|Weight||9.5 oz. (270g)|
PROS: No-frills functionality at a great price
Good range of intensity for the effect dial in a little or a lot
CONS: Not designed to get crreate crazy soundscapes, so extreme tweakers may want to stack more than one
Brown is subjectively a nasty color for this effect...!
PROS: May give a good chorus sound.
CONS: Very noisy.
The pedal has a good build quality. The chorus has a decent range from light timbre change to a wide 80's swishy sound.
With all dials pegged you can hear the oscillations with the noise. When playing loud the noise can be covered but for home or low volume applications the noise makes the pedal very unusable.
1 month ago
1) You have to drive it really hard to get much of anything out of it. I have the output from my synth running through a separate amp before going into this. If I don't do that, I don't really hear anything. The volume loss is so big, that when I turn off the pedal, it almost blows out my ears. I don't think there should be so much signal attenuation going through the device.
2) The output sound is very tinny, and very thin.
3) I seem to lose all of my bass. It's like the pedal is also running a high-pass filter internally or something.
I think next time I'll spend a bit more money. This really seems like a case of you get what you pay for.
1 month ago
PROS: great price
CONS: a bit noisy.
PROS: Sounds good between the guitar and amp
Ultra low price
CONS: Can be noisy in certain signal chains configurations
PROS: - Cool casing.
CONS: - Monoprice does not have demos videos.
- The (provided) instructions are not useful.
- The depth of the effect is not as much as other pedals.
I'll update the review based on experience.