Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
5.6" LCD Test Monitor
Increase your efficiency and productivity with this 5.6" LCD Test Monitor from Monoprice!
Without a test monitor, installing a security system can be either a 2-person job or one that involves tons of legwork, as you move back and forth between cameras and the central display. With a test monitor, you just hook up the camera, adjust the aim, zoom, and focus, then move on to the next camera.
This test monitor has a 5.6" LCD screen (112.9 x 84.7 mm) with a resolution of 640x480, which matches the basic resolution of most security cameras. It features two composite BNC video inputs and a single BNC output. The 200 cd/m2 brightness is sufficient for work in even the brightest environments.
The monitor is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery (included) with a 2600mAh capacity. For extended field work, additional batteries can be purchased, charged, and installed as needed. The internal battery is recharged using the included AC adapter.
The monitor comes in a nylon carrying case, which securely holds the monitor in place while you work. Two adjustable nylon straps can be fixed to any of the four mounting points, so you can configure the straps arrangement to best suit your own needs.
- 640x480 maximum resolution
- NTSC/PAL auto-recognition
- Two BNC inputs and one BNC output
- OSD menu with multi-language support
- Includes nylon carry case and straps
- Rechargeable battery
- Automatic power off with no signal input
- Last use settings saved on power off
- Includes a 1/4"x20 mounting point
MONOPRICE will replace defective monitors with a new monitor if the RMA is issued within thirty (30) days of the original date of purchase, as shown on the original invoice. Monitors identified as defective after 30 days, but within the twelve (12) month warranty period, will be replaced with refurbished, reconditioned, or used monitors at MONOPRICE'S discretion. All returned products are the property of MONOPRICE and must be returned to MONOPRICE for a replacement to be issued.
|Display Type||5.6" Color a-Si TFT active matrix|
|Viewing Area||112.9 x 84.7 mm|
|Maximum Resolution||640 x 480|
|Expected Life Time||20,000 hours|
|Dot pitch||0.0588 x 0.1764 mm|
|Response Time (Tr/Tf)||15/10 ms|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle (L/R)||70°/70°|
|Vertical Viewing Angle (U/D)||50°/70°|
|Display Mode||Video 1, Video 2, Test Pattern|
|Video Inputs||2x BNC (1.0Vp-p at 75 ohms)|
|Audio Input||1x 3.5mm TRS stereo audio jack|
|Video Output||1x BNC (1.0Vp-p at 75 ohms)|
|Audio Output||1x 3.5mm TRS stereo audio jack|
|Audio Speaker||1W (Max)|
|Operating Temperature||+32 ~ +104°F (0 ~ +40°)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +140°F (-20 ~ 60°C)|
|AC Adapter Input Power||100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.5A|
|Monitor Input Power||12 VDC, 1.5A|
11.25W (without battery charge)
19.875W Max (with battery charge)
|Rechargeable Battery||Lithium (7.4 VDC, 2600mAh)|
|Mount Support||1/4" x20 threaded mounting point|
|Dimensions||7.5" x 5.0" x 1.8" (190 x 126 x 44.5 mm)|
|Weight||2.6 lbs (1.2 Kg)|
Included in the Package:
- 1x 5.6" test monitor
- 1x EP-2FC2S1P rechargeable battery
- 1x Nylon carry case
- 2x Nylon straps
- 1x 3.5mm TRS to 2x RCA audio adapter cable
- 1x Universal AC adapter with 58" cord
- 1x NEMA 1-15 (US) plug adapter
- 1x Car charger with 69" cord
to monitor camcorder shots when shooting above the crowd, but standing or seated.
Quite handy, if your lens has a remote control.
I have yet to find anything else, under $200, battery powered, that does the job.
PROS: battery lasts about two hours. 1/4" mount is handy
CONS: display adjustments are via menu.
needed to use xacto knife to cut access port thru carrying bag to connect recharging plug.
why doesn't mono price offer an extra battery for this unit?
1) Right out of the box, the on/off button hangs and it is a design issue. The buttons are little pieces of plastic that are free to move and hang on the edges. If this were to be used long term and professionally, the inexpensive buttons wouldn't hold up. As I said, it is already hanging.
2) The claim of 'bright enough even in sunlight' is inaccurate however, the carry case cover can be used to block the sun and view the image.
3) The carry case is very nice however, it doesn't really fit the device. The hole for the power and cables aren't properly centered so that you have to push the device partially out of the case to make the attachments.
I would have returned it immediately for a replacement, but I doubt another one would be any different. I still may ask for another unit and see if it is better.
I didn't compare pricing before this purchase and found at my local security/video store less expensive monitors that were constructed better however, they had a MUCH SMALLER SCREEN.
So, if you aren't using it for a long time, it is probably a good investment. It is saving me a lot of time.
PROS: Large screen
CONS: 1) Carrying case doesn't really fit
2) Poorly constructed buttons