Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Monoprice Titan Series Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket - For TVs 30in to 63in, Max Weight 165 lbs, VESA Patterns Up to 750x4...
Monoprice Titan Series Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket - For TVs 37in to 70in, Max Weight 165lbs, Extension Range of 37in to...
Monoprice 1-port 2-piece Inset Wall Plate with 4in Built-in Flexible High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet, White
PROS: Does the job
Good solid materials
Cable management is excellent.
PROS: Great price, Really sturdy.
CONS: Does not fit an Epson 3020e.
PROS: Looks fantastic
Once locked in, no slippage so far, but still positionable
Easy to mount (although see above)
CONS: Needs longer arm extensions - will not fit an Epson Home Cinema 5030UB/6030UB as the arms do not span to ~13" as needed. If the mount can support that much weight, why do the arms not reach far enough for large projectors? Baffling. Knew this going into it from another review though and also had arms from a previous mount that I added to these (2 of them) which worked great. A bit silly these are so short though - measure first to be sure! Great for the price though.
The Main Bar had a couple scratches on it, right out of the bag. I'm hoping they're not noticeable upon final installation near the ceiling. The mounting bracket holes are spaced widely apart in a rectangle and do not allow single-stud installation (which is the typical use case). The arms are too short for my Epson 5030UB, which will require further fabrication.
My biggest complaint is the terrible instructions. Here are the stickers on the faster bags:
Contents of bag 1
M6x25 4 (no match)
M6x12 2 (accessory 5)
M5x8 2 (accessory 4)
M5x10 5 (accessory 6)
Contents of bag 2
6x50 wood screw 4 (accessory 8)
M5x30 4 (accessory 3)
M4x30 4 (accessory 2)
M3x30 4 (accessory 1)
Bag 1 also contains 4 washers, 4 lock washers, 4 stud posts, not listed on the sticker.
The instructions list the following fasteners (called "accessories"):
1. M3x30 4
2. M4x30 4
3. M5x30 4
4. M5x8 2
5. M6x12 anti-slip 2
6. M5x10 5
7. M6x35 tapping screw 4 (cannot find)
8. 6x50 wood screw 4
Questions/comments for Monoprice:
1. There are four lock washers, four flat washers, and four stud posts that are included, but there is no mention of them in the instructions. Where do they get used?
2. The included M6x25mm is mislabeled as a M6x35mm in the instructions.
3. Regarding accessory 6 (M5x10): In the instructions, step 1 specifies qty 4 and step 2 specifies qty 2, but that adds up to 6 and only 5 are provided.
4. In step 2, the second reference to Figure 5 should be to Figure 6.
5. In step 2, it specifies to attach the Main Bar Overview to the fixation using accessory 4 (M5x8), which is both the wrong quantity and size.
6. There is no mention of where accessory 4 (M5x8) should actually be used.
7. On the parts bag, accessory 8 (6x50 wood screw) should be labeled as 6x50 on the tag, not M6x50 (which is a metric bolt reference).
8. Step 2 specifies to use accessory 7 (described as a M6x35 tapping screw) for masonry installation, but no such masonry fastener is included.
9. The grammar is terrible. Step says to "invaginate" the low cap. Will that get me arrested?
I have stopped assembly because of the confusion as to which part to use where. I'm going to open a support ticket for them to address items 1 and 3 above to unblock me.
PROS: sturdy, cosmetically attractive, good wire management
CONS: terrible instructions, mounting bracket not set up for single-stud installation, short arms
CONS: Directions are full of typos and grammatical erros
1 year ago
PROS: Strong, well built, easy to install.
PROS: looks good, heavy duty/solid mount, many mount options.
CONS: Missing the M3 screw needed for Optoma HD131Xe.
Instruction is not good. It's printed on a very small piece of paper make it difficult to see drawings.
cable management is poor
PROS: Made with heavy gauge metal and once installed there almost no play.
CONS: Throw out the screws that came with it and go get some lag bolts. Much easier to work with and the decorative cover hides all.
Installation was easy and I am confident it is very sturdy. Once installed, it is still height adjustable (+/- 2"), you can adjust up/down tilt (+/-15° ) and you can adjust horizontal tilt/level (+/- 5°).
PROS: Easy to assemble, sturdy, attractive, versatile, highly adjustable..
CONS: Directions could be better, mounting holes are exactly 2" apart, so it is impossible to fit all 4 holes on a standard stud, should include toggle bolts or anchors for holes that can't be mounted to stud