Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Cat6 RJ-45 180-Degree Punch Down Keystone Dual IDC, White
This IDC keystone jack series allows you to terminate and install Cat6 cables easily and quickly. This keystone jack is backwards compatible with components and systems of lower performing categories. Use in standard keystone wallplates, patch panels, or surface mount boxes.
- 110 FTP 180-degree punch down jack
- 8-position 8-conductor (8P8C)
- 568A and 568B wiring compatible
- Meets or exceeds TIA/EIA 568B industry standard
- RoHS compliant
- Available in 8 colors
- UL listed
PROS: Very well constructed. Easy to punch.
1 year ago
By my caliper measurment they're about 17mm wide, a touch wider than the Cat 5e version (#15687 which is ~ 16.2mm). By contrast the regular punchdown cat 6 is wider (#5384 which is ~18.1mm) and DOES NOT FIT side-by-side.
That said when I can I prefer to use the non-rotated jacks (# 5384) as:
* You can't check the color coding after you start punching (other jacks have color coding on the outside) so I've already screwed up one..
* The cable isn't as secure if the wire is tugged on.
I'm sure the first point I'd overcome, but for a DIYer it's not likely as I only have a few jacks left.
6 months ago