Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
RJ11 Toolless Keystone Jack, White
Easy to use, toolless (no soldering or screwdriver req.) modular RJ-11 Keystone jack. To be used with keystone wall plate or panel.
WARNING! The current batch of these keystones have an incorrect wiring diagram on the cover (and in the current photos). The proper wiring should be, from left to right, white/green, blue, white/blue, green. We apologize for this error and are working to correct it as soon as possible.
Note that the width of the RJ11/12 keystones is such that two cannot be used side-by-side in the same wall-plate.
*Monoprice continually strives to improve its product line to bring our customers the best products available. Therefore, changes may be made to listed specifications without prior notice. Item received may not match photo or specs shown.
*The color indicated can vary in tone and/or hue between production runs and manufacturing facilities. The color of this item may not be an exact match to any other product, even if they are indicated as being the same color, whether sold by Monoprice or any other vendor. Individual pieces may also vary very slightly in color from each other.
- Dimensions Diagram (Jan 24, 2012)
Dimensions (LxWxH) = 1 1/32" x 29/32" x 27/32"
"Note that the width of the RJ11/12 keystones is such that two cannot be used side-by-side in the same wall-plate."
I took this statement to mean that I would not be able to use two RJ11's (or RJ45's) side by side but in fact you can not use any other keystone alongside this one, not even a blank insert due to the width. I find it laughable that thse keystones are not fully compatible with Monoprice's own 4 port wallplates. Other manufacturers such as Leviton do not have this issue so why does Monoprice? I think it's time for Monoprice to find another supplier that can guarantee 100 percent compatibility.
PROS: It works.
CONS: Pretty much everything else.
CONS: terrible design
1. There is no reason for it to be this wide. They could have made it stick out towards the back rather than the sides. As others have mentioned, it prevents putting anything else next to it.
2. There is room for 8 pins, but for some reason they only put in 4. The picture on the product page shows 6. I personally would have paid another penny for the extra pair, and at least half that would be profit for them, so why not?
3. Sits loose in the plate. I'm afraid it will pop out at some time.
4. The wire layout is on the clear plastic wire cover. The only problem is trying to figure if you should put the blue wire in the one that is blue over white, or white over blue the same is true for the green pair. Eventually I figured out that the one with the slightly longer blue part is for the blue wire (at least I hope that's what it means). Maybe if they had put the stripe color in the middle of the main color, it would have been easier to figure out. By the way, there are no instructions.
5. It's difficult to figure out how to get the cover off. Did I mention there are no instructions?
6. There is a big hole in the bottom side of the jack that goes right into the wall space. This makes a great pass-through for spiders if you don't have anything plugged into it.
7. I found no difference in ease-of-installation between this jack and other non-tool-less keystone jacks. In fact, I would say I spent more time on this, what with trying to figure the dang thing out.
The only reason I can see to buy this is the price. It's 6 times cheaper than I've found at the major chain stores. I'm still undecided if it's worth it. If it does pop out, I will have my answer.
CONS: Just about everything else
PROS: Easy to use
CONS: Cannot place two of these side by side.
PROS: Works great! No failures.