Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
65ft 20M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension)
Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances. The cable operates as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse, etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista®/7, Mac® OS X® 10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move!
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG wires
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 20 meters (65 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
Microsoft, Windows, Vista, and Kinect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
PROS: Cable is long. It works perfectly as advertised, and it appears to be well built.
CONS: I wish there was free shipping...
PROS: works with XBOX360 Kinect and PS3 Move
PROS: work perfectly:-)
PROS: Price was great. Better using one pre-made cable 65ft long than buying 2-piece extender for each end and fabricating an RJ-45 cable for the middle.
Not using this to transfer data so I can't speak to transfer speeds. Works great as an extension for a wireless keyboard and mouse antenna though.
CONS: Not too much of a con: The female end of the cable has a built-on box which made me have to drill a larger hole than I would have liked to get that end of the cable to where I needed it to go.
PROS: Product arrived very timely, unfortunately cable doesn't fit Xbox Kinect. Hope the return process goes as avertised.
CONS: This cable does not fit the new Xbox Kinect.
That being said, as with all cables, you should test your new hardware thoroughly before using it in a mission-critical application!
PROS: Fantastic price for the size
CONS: None so far
PROS: Worked perfectly in my classroom, allowing me to place the printer closer to where the students needed it, and clearing the clutter off of my desk in the process. The quality was outstanding, and the customer support that I needed when trying to select the appropriate cable was without equal - the technicians really know their products well. On top of all of that, the price was well within my budget!
CONS: Tout ce que je peux dire c'est que le service de Monoprice est excellent et le temps de livraison est très rapide et que les produit que j'ai reçu correspond entièrement à mes demandes. Félicitation à toute votre équipe
Adding an additional 3-foot USB cable gave me just the right length for this custom installation that included in-wall and in-ceiling cable runs.
PROS: This was a better choice for me than the USB-to-Cat5 extender.
CONS: None really.
PROS: Great value. Great performance.
CONS: Repeater nodes are kinda large if you want to hide the cable or run the cable through walls.