Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Premium S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable, 18 inches
Experience superb sonic clarity and accurate musical reproduction with this Premium S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable from Monoprice!
The Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format provides for a Digital Optical Audio signal, commonly referred to as Toslink. Toslink allows for the distribution of uncompressed 2-channel PCM audio or compressed multichannel audio, such as DTS® or Dolby® 5.1 or 7.1. Being an optical signal, Toslink is immune to problems that can plague electrical signals, such as crosstalk, magnetic interference, or radio frequency interference.
This premium cable features a full-sized Toslink connector on each end, with metal connector heads and a metal mesh jacket. The metal jacket helps protect the cable from nicks, cuts, and kinks, which could cause damage to the internal optical fiber.
- Full-sized male Digital Optical Audio (Toslink) connectors at each end
- Heavy duty premium, square metal connector heads
- Mesh metal jacket protects cable from nicks, cuts, and kinks
- 8.0mm outside diameter
- Gold plated ferrule resists corrosion and provides maximum protection for the connector tip
- Precision polished fiber tips for maximum signal transfer
Important! Because of the shape of the connector heads, this cable will not fit the Xbox 360® S "Slim" models, which are the smaller form-factor models released after June 14, 2010. For the Xbox 360 "Slim", please use one of our standard Toslink cables with molded connectors instead.
DTS® is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.
Dolby® and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Microsoft®, Xbox®, and Xbox 360® are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
However, I am ordering the cheaper ones to replace them for a couple of reasons
1) The cables are stiff and put radial strain on my optical ports. Longer cords may solve this.
2) The metal shroud is big and restricts the use of optical cables on an adjacent port of my A/V receiver.
PROS: Worked flawlessly. Looks great.
PROS: Great quality product