Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
USB 3.0 to DVI Adapter
Add an additional DVI, HDMI®, or VGA display to your computer system using this USB 3.0 to DVI Adapter from Monoprice!
This adapter supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1152 with 32-bit color depth using a USB 3.0 connection. It can be configured as a mirrored, extended, or primary display and when extended, the display can be positioned above, below, or to either side of the primary display.
The adapter comes with a 28" long micro USB 3.0 cable, which can be swapped out for a longer version (not included), as desired. It also includes both a DVI to HDMI and a DVI to VGA adapter, which allows you to connect to an HDMI or VGA display without the need for a separate adapter (note that this adapter does NOT support audio).
The adapter is compatible with Windows® XP or later and with Intel®-based Macs running OS X® 10.4.x or later. The software for the adapter will function on older single-core processors, but performance is limited. Full-screen DVD playback in a system using six adapters requires a minimum 1.8GHz Intel Core™ Duo with 1GB RAM.
Note that for Windows 7 and Windows 8, this adapter may exhibit compatibility issues with systems running NVIDIA® SLI® in SLI mode, and is incompatible with AMD Crossfire™, SLI systems NOT in SLI mode, and multiple simultaneously active WDDM 1.1 or WDDM 1.2 graphics drivers. All graphics cards are supported on systems running Windows XP.
- Fully compliant with the USB 3.0 specification revision 1.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Up to 2048 x 1152 resolution with 32-bit color depth using USB 3.0
- Supports up to six USB displays
- Supports Extended and Mirrored display options
- Supports extended left, right, above, or below
- Supports screen rotation
- USB bus powered, no separate power source required
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel Atom™ N270 based PC, basic single Core CPU, or latest Dual Core, Quad Core, or Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs, or equivalent AMD CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista® (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), or Mac® OS X 10.4.x or later
- Available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Internet access for software download or CD-ROM drive for software install
- 30 MB available drive space
- HDMI or DVI display
- 1x USB 3.0 to DVI adapter
- 1x DVI to HDMI adapter
- 1x DVI to VGA adapter
- 1x USB 3.0 A male to micro B male cable
- 1x Installation CD
- 1x User's manual
Microsoft, Windows, and Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Intel, Atom, and Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
AMD Crossfire is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, and SLI are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Questions and Answers
We do have a 30 day return policy. Should you purchase it and find it does not work, you can have it returned for a refund. I hope this helps.
4 months ago
PROS: easy set up
CONS: Considering past purchases, I suspect a better driver might do better with the adaptor than the stock monoprice-provided one. As strong as their products, the drivers just seem weak to barely competent.