Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter
Add an additional HDMI® display to your computer system using this USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter from Monoprice!
This adapter supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1152 with 32-bit color depth using a USB 3.0 connection, with full audio support. It can be configured as a mirrored, extended, or primary display and when extended, the display can be positioned above, below, or to either side of the primary display.
The adapter comes with a 28" long micro USB 3.0 cable, which can be swapped out for a longer version (not included), as desired. It also includes an HDMI to DVI adapter, which allows you to connect to a DVI display instead of HDMI (note that DVI does not support audio).
The adapter is compatible with Windows® XP or later and with Intel®-based Macs running OS X® 10.4.x or later. The software for the adapter will function on older single-core processors, but performance is limited. Full-screen DVD playback in a system using six adapters requires a minimum 1.8GHz Intel Core™ Duo with 1GB RAM.
Note that for Windows 7 and Windows 8, this adapter may exhibit compatibility issues with systems running NVIDIA® SLI® in SLI mode, and is incompatible with AMD Crossfire™, SLI systems NOT in SLI mode, and multiple simultaneously active WDDM 1.1 or WDDM 1.2 graphics drivers. All graphics cards are supported on systems running Windows XP.
- Fully compliant with the USB 3.0 specification revision 1.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Up to 2048 x 1152 resolution with 32-bit color depth using USB 3.0
- Supports up to six USB displays
- Supports Extended and Mirrored display options
- Supports extended left, right, above, or below
- Supports screen rotation
- USB bus powered, no separate power source required
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel Atom™ N270 based PC, basic single Core CPU, or latest Dual Core, Quad Core, or Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs, or equivalent AMD CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista® (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), or Mac® OS X 10.4.x or later
- Available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Internet access for software download or CD-ROM drive for software install
- 30 MB available drive space
- HDMI or DVI display
- 1x USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter
- 1x HDMI to DVI adapter
- 1x USB 3.0 A male to micro B male cable
- 1x Installation CD
- 1x User's manual
Microsoft, Windows, and Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Intel, Atom, and Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
AMD Crossfire is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, and SLI are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
PROS: Allowed me to add a third display to my MacBook: the notebook display, an external 30 inch, 2560 by 1600 display connected through the Thunderbolt port, and this new one connected through USB 3.0. Love having all three monitors to work with. Typical Monoprice goodness: great price, good quality, does what I want.
CONS: None so far. Would be nice if you didn't have to install drivers, but I suppose that is not their fault.
PROS: Great resolution
CONS: Screen goes blank. Its annoying.!!!