Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
120-inch, 16:9 Matte White Fabric Motorized Projection Screen
Give yourself the gift of a true Home Theater system with this Motorized Projection Screen from Monoprice!
This screen is made from a high-quality four-layer fabric. The surface layer is embossed with PVC microdots, which produces a 1.0 gain across an extra wide 160 degree viewing angle. The second layer is made of PVC, followed by a fiberglass layer, and another PVC layer to complete the screen. The result is a smooth screen surface with a stretch rate of less than 1%. By comparison, traditional chemical treated fabric screens have stretch rates as high as 33%!
The screen can be mounted on the ceiling or on a wall. It is raised and lowered using a Somfy motor with an RF remote control. Somfy is the leading manufacturer of specialty motors, which provide ultra-smooth, silent operation and are known for their durability and long life. The screen measures 120 diagonal inches and is sized for a 16:9 aspect ratio. The package includes hardware to mount the screen to a wall.
- Black steel casing
- Motorized operation using a super-quiet Somfy motor
- Includes RF remote control for screen operation
- 120" diagonal screen size
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 160° viewing angle
- 1.0 screen gain
- Wall mounting hardware included
- User's Manual (Nov 26, 2011)
Shipping Note: This is an oversized item, which requires special handling. We are able to ship it to addresses within the 48 contiguous United States. We are unable to ship it to AK, HI, PR, US Territories, and international countries due to the product size. Expedited shipping methods are not available.
|Screen Color||Matte white|
|Viewing Area||104.6" x 58.8" (2656 x 1494 mm)|
|Total Screen Height||83.6" (2124mm)|
|Left/Right Borders||2.0" (50mm)|
|Top Border||15.7" (400mm)|
|Bottom Border||3.1" (80mm)|
|Case Material||Black steel|
|Case Dimensions||116.6" x 4.7" x 6.0" (2961 x 120 x 152 mm)|
|Package Dimensions||133.2" x 9.0" x 7.9" (3384 x 228 x 201 mm)|
|Net Weight||46.3 lbs (21.0 Kg)|
|Gross Weight||61.5 lbs (27.9 Kg)|
|Power Requirement||100-120VAC, 60Hz, 90W|
This replaced a damaged $2000 screen that had been dirtied while moving and, like idiots, we attempted to clean resulting in things only getting worse.
With limited reviews, the only thing that made me pull the trigger was knowing that they were only 30 miles away and they had a return policy. So, if it sucked, I could return it directly to the store.
I was pleasantly surprised in all aspects: the build quality was as good or better as the $2K screen it replaced, the motors quieter, and the controls way better (I had a hard wired switchthis one is a wireless remote)
I have an older projector that needs to throw a long ways (22 feet) in a big room with lots of reflective surfaces (a less than ideal home theater) but the picture is brite and vibrant.
Is it as good as the $2K screen it replaced? Well, if you factor in the spots and the glarethis far exceeds it. But to compare a $2K gray screen, with insane high tech, with a 500$ plain flat white screen? I'd have to say the $2K screen had better potential, but this one is good enough, especially when you factor in that I am looking at it with an additional $1500 in my pocket.
In fact, it is so "good enough" that it isn't even worth rigging up someway to drag the other one in from the garage to compare them side-by-side. We are satisfied. This is our new screen. I'm not driving it back.
With kids, this may even be better as (though I'm not going to try unless I need to) I think this screen would be fairly easy to clean with no worries.
The remote has up, down, stop buttons as well as "little bit up" and "little bit down" buttons. The RF means you don't need line of site, and the screen raises and lowers with enough sound to impress but not enough to distract or wake the kids in the middle of the night.
I have noticed a slight "sticky pealing" sound when I lower it, but I think that's the black lead at the top mostly. and doesn't seem to affect anything, or seem like anything to worry about. It just sounds "new"
I hung it from the ceiling, and the only difference between this and the $2K screen was the 2K machine had slightly bigger holes to put the S-hooks in (I have hooks in the ceiling with S-hooks connected to the screen) After a late-night trip to home depot for slightly thinner S-hooksI was in business.
Since everything was already in placeinstallation for me was less than 5 minutes.
Again: solid build, good quality finishthe only question point would be the surface of the screenthere is no high tech crystalsjust flat white.
My closest seat is 8 feet so we don't really have any issues with seeing the fabric texture, but it is very flat and smoothso I don't think it would be an issue even if we were closer.
The only way I am thinking now of improving my image quality, is upgrading my projector from a 720P to a 1080pand the good thing isI have an extra $1500 in my pocket to do it!
Why not 10 out of 10? For the priceit is a 10. But, if you compare it to a $2K screen, or $2.5 K screen, and that being a 10I would say this is an 8.
If they offered options such higher gain screens for $200 moreI would take it, but at this pricethe quality is good enough and I'll get more bang for my buck upgrading my projector than I will buying a better screen.
PROS: Solid Construction
Good RF remote
High quality feel
Easy to install
CONS: Limited documentation
basic screen (no high tech fabric)
Make sure you use one of the online projector calculators to figure out what size image you can get from the projector, and whether you can zoom in/out enough to get the right size image for the screen. Also, the calculator should tell you whether the image will be too dim for the distance (in which case you need to move the projector closer (free), or get a brighter projector ($$$)).
Read that last paragraph again. Measure ten times, buy stuff and install it once.
You are *not* going to want to return this screen once you receive it. It's a big box, delivered by a specialty delivery company. You will have to pay return shipping. So make sure you're buying the right size.
Regarding this projector screen:
1. Compared to other screens of the same size, this is an incredible value. Like many products from Monoprice, it makes you wonder if there's something you're missing. I have a 1080p HD projector with 1700 lumens (Optoma HD20) and the image looks terrific. It seems that you can always get a better projector (throws more light) and a better screen.. but this one looks really good.
2. The electric motor and remote are great. It takes perhaps 5 seconds or so for the screen to come all the way down or up - not too fast, not too slow. I did not have a manual screen before, but I am glad this one is not manual due to the size and the fact that I ceiling mounted it.
3. It smells. So far I have left it in a ventilated room for a week with a fan blowing on it and the smell has not completely dissipated. My wife covers her nose when the screen is down and she is near it. I am hoping there is a way to wash it down and have most of the smell go away. (If it never goes away... I am going to have a problem with this screen.)
4. Ceiling brackets/hardware are not included. I had my general contractor install this in the ceiling, and it took a few hours. They provided their own bolts, and used the bracket that came with the unit. I also had them install an outlet behind the TOP LEFT corner of the screen since the plug comes out of the left side. Turns out the plug comes with a pretty long cable and control box and you could probably plug it into a regular wall outlet on the floor if you wanted to see the cable when the screen is up (I don't).
All in all, it's a winner (unless the smell doesn't subside). If it came with ceiling brackets and instructions, and didn't smell, it would get a 9/10.
PROS: - Great value
- Electric motor works well
CONS: - Smells
- Ceiling bracket/hardware not included
CONS: i cannot find anythin
PROS: Great Remote, good screen resolution, quiet motor.
CONS: i cannot find anything
PROS: for the price, it's excellent.
CONS: just to let you know that there's no trigger on the unit, and as the description says, it's an RF remote. So if you plan to use a Learning remote, it will not works.
PROS: Great price.
RF remote, so you don't have to aim your remote at the screen.
Adjustable drop limit.