Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Networking 4 Port USB 2.0 Print Server - Share 4 USB Devices
Share up to four USB printers, scanners, hard drives, webcams, speaker systems, or other USB devices on your home network using this Networking 4-Port USB 2.0 Print Server from Monoprice!
This Networking USB Server is ideal for sharing USB printers and other devices on an Ethernet network. It connects to the network using an auto-sensing 10/100Mbps Ethernet port and includes UPnP support for quick and easy setup and configuration in Windows®. It features a built-in web management system, allowing you to configure, monitor, and even reset the server using a web browser.
- Share up to four USB devices across the network
- Works with multifunction printers, hard drives, web cams, USB speakers, scanners, etc.
- Supports the LPR/LPD, DHCP, and UPnP protocols
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- Supports Windows Vista Rally Technology
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit versions)
- Requires minimum 1.75GHz CPU and 512MB RAM
- User's Manual (May 17, 2012)
- User's Manual (Jul 16, 2010)
- Print Server Manual (Feb 26, 2009)
- USB Server Manual (Jun 29, 2009)
- List of Supported Devices (Feb 20, 2013)
- User's Manual (Jul 16, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Oct 23, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Apr 28, 2010)
- Network Printer Wizard for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Sep 25, 2012)
- Network Printer Wizard for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Oct 21, 2009)
- Distribution disc for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Oct 23, 2012)
- Distribution disc for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Aug 24, 2010)
PROS: Device does connect to the network and pull an IP via DHCP on first power up with no user intervention required. That is it, the only bright spot to this device.
CONS: Lack of Web based GUI management of devices. The only web based management features are the ability to reboot, assign a password and static IP. Lack of ability to connect to any shares without a Windows based driver/software package. Lack of "server" features, such as mapping of networked shares or drives. Addition of a usb management system introduced into a system which already has usb management. Basically everything.
Thank you for your review. If you are unsatisfied with PID 6041, we do offer a 30 day return policy as well as a one year warranty on this item. If you would like, I can assist you in setting up an RMA for a return. Please let me know if you would like to continue with an RMA. Thank you.
PROS: Works Fast, easy setup works good with my printer
CONS: When you connect to a ext. hard drive only one user can connect to at a time, kind of defeats the purpose of using it on a network.
CONS: Didn't work with the computer and printer that I had.
1. In order to get it to work, I had to configure the firewall in my anti-virus software to allow the server software that you install on your computer to receive traffic. The FAQ that came on the CD with the product gave me the hint to do this.
2. Even though it prints okay, the server software shows "Connect but error" when it connects to the printer.
3. At the time of writing, the technical support item "Compatibility Report for PID 6041 USB print server" on monoprice.com contains the wrong information - I think it's the compatibility list for PID 5342, not this product. I've contacted monoprice's technical support and suggested they correct this.
PROS: The device is well made and compact and stylish.
CONS: It connects to the internet via 10 base T (LAN) connection however and is not wireless in that respect.
Thank you for your review and truly sorry to hear PID 6041 did not work out for your setup. That is correct, this USB print server does need to be hardwired to the router and USB devices. The wireless connectivity would only refer to the computers. We unfortunately do not offer any USB print servers that would connect to the router wirelessly at this time. If you would like, I can assist you in setting up a return RMA. If you wish to proceed with the RMA, just let me know and I can get that started right away. My apologies again for the trouble and I hope this helps!
Tech Support Associate
Also, delivery was speedy and accurate. Couldn't ask for better service or a better product for what I needed. Thanks.
PROS: Simple to set up
CONS: Picky as to sequence of plugins. I had powered it on and then added the printers, no USB lights on the front came on. I power cycled and used toe reset then all was fine.
PROS: Easier to use than a network hub. Works with an XP computer and a Windows 7 computer, where-as the network hub continually crashed
CONS: More Wires...
PROS: Easy setup, Very small, fast
CONS: it only works with some printers for the network printing feature, but if your printer is not listed like mine isnt then you can just connect to it instead of just clicking the print button and having the program do the work for you