Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
82ft 25M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension)
Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances.
The cable can be operated as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras‚ printers‚ webcams‚ keyboard/mouse, etc. The optional application of DC power (via the DC power jack, use PID 2220) is designed for devices which need much power, such as USB hard drives, active hubs, high-power wifi networking devices‚ etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac® OS X® v10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox® Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move!
* Important notes for Kinect users:
1. You can use this cable to connect the USB version of the Kinect only. It is not compatible with the proprietary Kinect connector. If you have a Kinect connector, please use PID 8487.
2. The Kinect requires more power than traditional USB ports are capable of providing. In order to prevent damage to equipment, Microsoft has designed the Kinect with a proprietary connector. If your Kinect did not come with a USB/Power adapter, you must purchase one from Microsoft before you can use this extension cable.
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG conductors
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 25 meters (82 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
Microsoft, Windows, Vista, and Kinect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
PROS: Very long, in our application no additional power was needed.
CONS: The optional external power adapter is not available from MonoPrice.
PROS: I purchased 8 extra long (80', 65', 45', etc.) USB cables to add to each of the 10' cables that I purchased, one for each camera, and the pictures are perfect.
PROS: Cable is well constructed nicely packaged. Works great. Delivery was prompt. At my one interaction by phone w/Monoprice's C/S, they were super competent and friendly. Glad we found this company.
CONS: Absolutely none.
PROS: Works perfectly with HP Laptop (Windows 7) and X Air XR18 mixer.
82' + 12' USB "A" to "B" cable is more than enough length for my needs.
Isn't noisy next to long balanced mic cables.
Relatively light weight.
CONS: Not a "con" but a note: Be sure your cable path allows for the repeater module in the middle of the cable.
PROS: The cable allows you to mount a usb dongle tuner r820t or t2 in the mast and then have the usb cable feed the pc with 1090 ads-b data. Better than having a long run of coax and the dongle at the pc. Too much loss in that application. So to refresh you have an antenna/short jumper (antenna to mcx)/ dongle/ usb extender from monoprice/ pc. Then run your adsb or dump1090. Works awesome!
CONS: None found yet.
PROS: only needed to use 1 ac adapter for the extension and worked wonderful with full 1080p camera
was able to connect to of these together and still no lag, cable feels really strong and is very thin, worked great for what i needed it to do and planning to buy more.
CONS: can't think of any
CONS: Does not come with power supply http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2220
i use it when i cook and video myself
and my computer is in another room
1 month ago
Ordering was simple, quick, great service.
PROS: LED lights indicating power, link, cable is great quality.
CONS: Length is hard to manage without a method of organization, ie a "cable-roller/holder"