Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
1000FT Cat5e Bulk Bare Copper Ethernet Network Cable UTP, Stranded, In-Wall Rated (CM), 350MHz, 24AWG, Gray
Avoid having excess Ethernet cable lying around by building your own cables to the exact length needed using this Bulk Ethernet Copper Cable from Monoprice!
- Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Category 5e Ethernet cable
- 24AWG stranded, pure bare copper conductors
- CM (In-Wall) fire safety rating
- 350MHz bandwidth
- 1000 foot roll
Monoprice Ethernet cables are made of 100% pure bare copper wire, as opposed to copper clad aluminum (CCA) wire, and are therefore fully compliant with UL Code 444 and National Electrical Code TIA-568-C.2 fire and safety standards, which require pure bare copper wire in communications cables.
- Specification Sheet (Apr 13, 2017)
PROS: Great quality. Easy to work with. Nice variety of colors.
CONS: the plastic feeder tube needs a redesign. The tube always arrived damaged. The tube is very flimsy and with the normal moderate to rough handling while its being shipped the end ring that attaches to the tube on the outside of the box breaks off or the tube comes apart and falls inside. Its good quality wire but the feeder tube drives me nuts. Fix that and it will be a 5 star product. The boxes I have don't have foot counts which is handy to know how much is left etc.
PROS: Easy to work.
I ordered on Wed and received it on Thursday, even though I expected 3days minimum.
CONS: The box pull plastic sleeve was broken.
1. There are no more foot markers! The old cable had them, and they counted down from 1000! This makes it very annoying when trying to determine how much cable is left and for making measurements before cutting the cable.
2. The outer insulation is not as nice. The old cable had a very tight outer insulation, so that you could actually see the pairs winding inside of it. It made for a very maneuverable and slim cable. This new stuff is much looser, and not as sleek, like the conductors are wrapped in tubing.
3. The conductors themselves don't seem as flexible. Maybe the strand count has decreased I'm not really sure. But this is makes the cable overall less flexible, which is key for patch cables.
I'd still buy it because of the low price, but I hope they bring back the old stuff in the future. The old stuff really seemed like high-end cable for low price, and while this new version terminates well and carries the signal fine the finish just isn't there.
PROS: Easy to use, good basic cable
CONS: no foot markers, quality declined from previous version
CONS: No markers
PROS: Great price, good packaging.
CONS: You can compare side by side with belkin and see very minor differences in thickness of shielding.
PROS: This cable seems to work reliability...
CONS: Can be VERY challenging to put rj45 connectors on stranded cable..
PROS: - Fantastic price for pure copper
- Easy to cut, plenty flexible, but doesn't tangle easily.
CONS: - Plastic Gaskets on the box fall out easily.