Add functionality and flexibility to your wired or wireless LAN with this Wireless N Access Point from Monoprice!
This Wireless Access Point (WAP) supports the 802.11n wireless standard, which provides up to 300Mbps wireless data reception and transmission rates. It supports the 64/128-bit WEP security protocol, as well as the more advanced WPA and WPA2 protocols with AES and/or TKIP data encryption.
The WAP can be configured for several different functions, depending on your needs. It can be setup as:
Access Point (AP) - In its simplest application, the WAP provides a wireless connection into an existing wired LAN. Multiple wireless clients can connect to the LAN via the AP. Multiple WAPs can provide secure access to different clients, which is ideal for office, convention, or hotel/motel applications.
P2P Bridge - When used as a P2P Bridge, the WAP connects wirelessly to another WAP, providing wired network access at the remote location.
P2MP Bridge - Similar to the P2P Bridge, this mode allows up to four WAPs to connect to a single "root" WAP, providing wired network access to up to four remote locations.
Repeater - A repeater extends the continuous coverage area of your existing wireless LAN and allows seamless roaming between different physical WAPs.
Wireless Client - The WAP can be connected directly to any computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) to function as a wireless network adaptor.
In addition to the standard 802.11n features, this WAP supports the 802.11af protocol for Power over Ethernet (PoE). Rather than using the external AC adaptor, PoE allows the WAP to receive its operating power over the Ethernet cable, allowing it to be used in areas in which AC power is unavailable.
This WAP also supports the 802.11x protocol, allowing for user authentication via an external RADIUS server.
- Complies with IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11g, and IEEE802.11b standards
- Configurable as Wireless Access Point, Repeater, P2P, P2MP, and Wireless Client
- Provides up to 300 Mbps reception and up to 300 Mbps transmission rates
- Includes MIMO technology to improve data throughput and minimize signal errors
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, and WPA2 with AES or TKIP encryption and security protocols
- Powered by included AC adapter or Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- Provides Intelligent QoS for higher-bandwidth applications, such as online gaming, VOIP, and streaming multimedia
- Supports 802.1x user authentication in conjunction with an external RADIUS server
- Supports both Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Web-based management interfaces
- Includes one Gigabit auto-negotiating RJ45 port for direct LAN connection (up or down)