The Monoprice Wireless-N Broadband Router provides a complete, professional solution to a variety of networking applications. The router provides wireless connectivity in accordance with the 802.11b, g, and n standards, and can support wireless data transmission speeds up to 150 Mbps. In addition to the wireless options, the router includes four 10/100 RJ45 ports for wired connections using Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 LAN cables.
The router can be configure as a Gateway, Bridge, or Wireless ISP (WISP).
- The Gateway mode is the default method of operation, in which the router connects to a broadband modem and acts as the gateway between the local area network and the internet.
- The Bridge mode allows the router to serve as an extension of an existing LAN, either through the wired connections or wirelessly, which effectively increases the range of the Wi-Fi coverage area. Multiple routers can be bridged into the same network, providing widescale wireless coverage to a large area, such as a warehouse. In Bridge mode the router's built-in firewall and DHCP services are disabled so that the main gateway router can perform these functions.
- The Wireless ISP (WISP) mode is a combination of the Bridge and Gateway modes, in which the router still relies on the main gateway to provide access to the internet, but it retains use of the built-in firewall and DHCP services. This is ideal for when you want to limit or control access to the LAN or internet for an individual subset of users.
The router's built-in configuration utility provides an extensive range of options and security controls, including:
- WEP/WPA2 encryption configuration
- MAC address white or black listing
- Port filtering
- IP filtering
- MAC filtering
- URL filtering
- Port forwarding
- Virtual LAN configuration
- SSID broadcast control
- DMZ mode for troubleshooting
- Scheduling of operation and access times
The router can be configured using a simple, easy-to-use setup wizard, allowing inexperienced users to quickly configure the router to meet their connectivity and security needs. Experienced users can bypass the wizard and directly access all configuration options for quick setup of basic or custom configurations. The router's configuration settings can be saved to (and loaded from) a local file, which allows multiple routers to be easily configured to an identical configuration standard. This is ideal for setting up a large operation or in the unlikely event that an individual router fails and needs to be replaced.
Other features of this wireless router include:
- Single-band 2.4 GHz wireless transmission frequency
- Automatic or fixed channel selection to avoid wireless conflicts
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) support
- Transmission speed selectivity up to 150 Mbps with automatic speed fallback
- 64-bit, 128-bit, and 152-bit WEP encryption
- WPA/WPA2 authentication
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK authentication
- Priority Of Service bandwidth control
- Automatic, on-demand, and detachable time dialing options
- Automatic virus isolation
- UPnP access support
- Static routing option
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS) configuration
- Advanced system security record support
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Automatic MDI/MDIX cable selection
- Supports PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)
- Compatible with all versions of the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
Whether you need a wireless router for your home or as part of a large professional installation, the Monoprice Wireless-N Router is the ideal solutions for your networking needs. However, if you need even greater speed and a larger Wi-Fi coverage area, you will want to get our 300 Mbps version instead.