The Monoprice 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is a professional networking switch that is capable of working within the fastest network systems. The switch conforms to the IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, and IEEE820.3ab standards, allowing it to work with 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps networking products. The 8-port design is perfect for use as a terminal switch for a small workgroup or as an intermediate switch to support a small workgroup with a throughput connection to additional switches or hubs.
This small footprint device includes eight RJ-45 LAN jacks and is powered by an included AC adapter. Installation is as simple as plugging the unit into the power adapter and inserting cables into the ports on the back. When using 10BASE-T connections, Cat3 UTP cable is sufficient and when using 100BASE-TX connections Cat5 UTP or STP cable is acceptable. However, when using 1000BASE-T connections, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, or Cat7 UTP or STP cable is preferred, with Cat7 STP providing the highest level of reliability and signal integrity.
The switch automatically detects the use of straight (MDI) or crossover (MDIX) cables and switches the connection to whichever is needed for the connected device. Therefore any of the eight ports can be connected to the upstream hub or router and the others connected to downstream PCs, hubs, or other switches.
This switch incorporates several "green" functions, which help save power and save you money! The switch monitors the connectivity of each port and does not send power or signals down the ones that are unconnected (or which have powered off devices attached). It also monitors the length of each cable and reduces the power to shorter cables, while keeping the higher power applied to the longer cable runs. Finally, the switch will go into sleep/standby mode when it detects no connected or powered-on devices. All these measures add up to reduced energy consumption and costs, which means more "green" in your pocket!
With all speeds, connections, and functions automatically configured and supported, there is no manual configuration or setup required. Simply plug it in and start using it right away!
- Complies with IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u and IEEE802.3ab Ethernet standards
- Supports Auto MDI/MDIX on each port
- Provides eight 10/100/1000 Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports
- Supports IEEE802.3x flow control for full-duplex and Backpressure flow control for half-duplex
- Green Ethernet technology, saves power and cost
| rated by 56 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.