Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
mDrawbot (Four-In-One Drawing Robot) -Intermediate
What is mDrawBot?
mDrawBot is the world's most fully-featured four-in-one drawing robot. It can be assembled into 4 different configurations: mScara, mSpider, mEggBot, and mCar.
This kit consists of over 60 components from Makeblock, including beams, brackets, motor, etc. It also comes with a specially-designed software named mDraw to control these robots. Here's the picture of all the components.
1. Frame: Anodized Aluminum
|Working Area (mm2)||
120° of an annulus
L×D = 60×(10-60)
2. Power Supply:
|Input||AC 100-240 V||0.6A||50-60 Hz|
|Output||DC 12 V||2.0 A||/|
3. Main Controller: Makeblock Orion (Arduino UNO compatible)
4. Software: mDraw
5. Connection: USB or Bluetooth
6. Supported File Types: .Plain SVG, .BMP etc.
7. Supported OS: Windows® 7 or later. (Will be available in Mac® OS X®, Linux soon.)
8. Package Contains:
- Aluminum Extrusion Parts
- Plastic Timing Pulley 90T
- Timing Pulley 18T
- Pen Lift Mechanism
- Makeblock Orion(Controller)
- Stepper Motors
- Stepper Motor Drivers
- 9g Micro Servo Pack
- Other Hardware and Accessories
mScara is a SCARA (Selective Compliance Articulated Robot Arm) driven by stepper motors. Adding a pen on mScara, it can draw pictures on a flat surface. You can also turn mScara into a desktop laser engraver replacing the pen with a laser diode.
mSpider is a drawing robot which can draw pictures on a wall or a white board. Two stepper motors control the movement of mSpider though strings. Theoretically, its drawing range can be expanded by increasing the length of the strings.
mEggBot is designed to draw on things that are improbable to print on, such as eggs or ping-pong balls. It can be used to write letters, draw expressions on spheroid, or draw Easter eggs.
mCar is a three-wheel robot car, which contains two stepper-motor-drive wheels and a ball-caster wheel. It can draw its own movement tracks on flat surface. Installing a chalk instead of a pen, it can draw on the floor.
How to Use mDrawBot?
Each mDrawBot kit can be assembled into any of the 4 different configurations. We provide the detailed assembling instructions that enables you to build any configuration in an hour.
mDrawBot Animation Assembly
mDraw is the software specially designed for mDrawBot. After installing the mDraw software, you can import images that you wish your robot to draw. It is completely compatible with the four forms of mDrawBot and also both the servo mode and laser mode of Makeblock XY Plotter V2.0.
Features of mDraw
- Support mScara, mSpider, mEggBot, mCar, XY
- Support both pen drawing and laser engraving
- Support custom settings of motor direction, drawing range, etc
- Support saving parameters
- Support SVG. file
- Support conversion from BMP to SVG
- Support zooming, rotating, mirroring, and moving the SVG graphics
- Support Windows7 or later. (Will be available in Mac OS X, Linux soon.)
mDraw is an open source project hosted on Github.
A Drawbot, and More than A Drawbot
mDrawBot is a drawbot (or 4 drawbots), and it's more than a drawbot. You can re-use the Makeblock robot parts in countless new projects and it's easy to extend the kit with new parts. Here are some examples of what you can do:
mScara (Standard Version)
mScara (Laser Version)
- User's Manual (Aug 3, 2015)
- How to Use Inkscape with CorelDraw (Aug 3, 2015)
- mCar Guide (Aug 3, 2015)
- mEggBot Guide (Aug 3, 2015)
- mScara Guide (Aug 3, 2015)
- mSpider Guide (Aug 3, 2015)
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.