Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Aria In Ceiling Speakers 6.5 Inch Dual Input Stereo 2-Way (pair)
These in-ceiling speakers feature a triple driver design with two pivoting titanium silk membrane dome tweeters for superior sonic performance. The woofer is constructed of an advanced glass composite to deliver high fidelity, distortion-free audio. Each speaker features two sets of speaker wire terminals, allowing you to wire each speaker for single-speaker stereo. When using single speaker stereo, you can achieve good stereo separation by pointing the tweeters in different directions to allow the sound to reflect around and fill the room.
- Exotic glass composite woofer for distortion free reproduction
- Oversized magnets for more impactful bass
- Dual precision titanium silk membrane dome tweeters for broad frequency spectrum, sweeter highs and pure sonic clarity
- Pivoting tweeters allow you to point the acoustics to the prime listening position for a more accurate and immersive sonic experience
- 40W nominal and 100W maximum power handling capacity provides ample headroom so these drivers won't be easily overdriven or blown out
- 8 ohms standard impedance ensure they can be safely driven by even the most modest home theater receivers
- To wire a speaker for single speaker stereo mode, keep the jumper set to the "Standard single speaker stereo" selection. Wire one of the sets of speaker terminals normally, with red/positive wired to red/positive. For the other set of speaker terminals, connect the wires in the reverse to a normal connection with the red/positive source connected to the black/negative terminal and the black/negative source connected to the red/positive terminal. This ensures that you will not exerience any phase cancellation of the audio from each driver.
- For normal operation, set the jumper to the "parallel connection" option. Wire the speaker normally, with red/positive going to red/positive and black/negative going to black/negative. It does not matter which of the two terminals sets you connect to the audio source.
- User's Manual (Aug 30, 2011)
Please note that the video on this page shows the specific instructions for installation of PID 4101. However, it is representational of the steps, tools, and types of procedures that would be used for the installation of any in-wall or in-ceiling speaker and is included on this page for reference purposes only. Please refer to the installation instructions of the in-wall or in-ceiling speaker you have for the specific dimensions and installation procedures.
Note that the price listed in the video was the price for PID 4101 at the time the video was made. Prices can fluctuate up and down based on production costs and the value of the US$ against foreign currencies.
|Frequency Response||57 Hz ~ 20 kHz|
|Power Handling Capacity||40 Watts x 2 Nominal, 100 Watts x 2 Maximum|
|Woofer||6.5" Glass Composite Woofer w/ 13.3oz Magnet and rubber surrounds.|
|Tweeter||Dual 1" Titanium Silk Membrane Dome (Pivoting) 20° swivel|
|Sensitivity||85dB ±2dB (1.0m/2.83V)|
|Crossover||12dB per Octave|
- 2x 6.5" 3-way In-Ceiling Speaker w/ grill
- 1x Installation instructions
- 1x Cutout template and paint mask
- 1x Grill removal tool
- 1x Grill putty
DOBY wants you to get the MOST out of each of your speakers. They want your speakers to sound great. They have engineers who have already figured out the DISTANCE & ANGLES , PLACEMENT ETC. Trust them they know what their doing.
2 Become familar with your NEW speakers. Look them over. Handled them become friends with them.
3 Measure, NOT ONCE 6 times before you go cutting any holes in the ceiling or walls. MAKE SURE THE SPEAKERS ARE GOING TO FIT WITHOUT HITTING ANY RAFTERS ETC.
Take your time, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
3 I made two speaker boxes to cover them in the attic. I used plain old particle board ( Same as you use on shelves) I bought (2) 1ft. X 4Ft boards at Lowes for $1.99 each.
If you measure it out (CORRECTLY) you get 1 speaker box per board. (4 sides and 1 top)
After I cut the boards I used GORILLA GLUE and SCREWS to fasten the sides and top together. GORILLA GLUE expands so it filled up the GAPS between the sides and top of my speakers boxes. I used a handsaw so the cuts weren"t perfect. LOTS OF ROOM FORGIVENESS WITH GORILLA GLUE. IT REALLY EXPANDS. BE SURE AND WEAR GLOVES.
4 MOVE ANY INSULATION TO THE SIDE AWAY FROM THE AREA YOUR PLACING YOUR SPEAKERS. Install your speakers, put your speakers boxes on top of your speakers. Put back the insulation
5 Clean up your mess.
NOTE: You won't be sorry to make speaker boxes. These speakers sounded good
without speakers boxes and with speakers boxes they sound GREAT.
IN SUMMARY: Measure, Measure, Measure. Take your time it will be will worth it.
PROS: Unbelievable sound for the money, great product! Would recommend them to anyone!
PROS: Good sound and quality for the price. And, handles 14 gauge wire!!!
PROS: Excellent bang for the buck in terms of sound quality
CONS: Those stupid clips. Even backing them out first, I still had 2 not thread correctly on install.
That praise should go to monoprice for selling it..
stuff at g i l harari com
PROS: great reviews
CONS: Can't buy just one!
MP doesn't carry an 8 inch version of the Dual Voice Coil (stereo) speaker
PROS: The price is outstanding. Well packaged and no problem with delivery
CONS: Non as of yet