Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Networking 4 Port USB 2.0 Print Server - Share 4 USB Devices
Share up to four USB printers, scanners, hard drives, webcams, speaker systems, or other USB devices on your home network using this Networking 4-Port USB 2.0 Print Server from Monoprice!
This Networking USB Server is ideal for sharing USB printers and other devices on an Ethernet network. It connects to the network using an auto-sensing 10/100Mbps Ethernet port and includes UPnP support for quick and easy setup and configuration in Windows®. It features a built-in web management system, allowing you to configure, monitor, and even reset the server using a web browser.
- Share up to four USB devices across the network
- Works with multifunction printers, hard drives, web cams, USB speakers, scanners, etc.
- Supports the LPR/LPD, DHCP, and UPnP protocols
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- Supports Windows Vista Rally Technology
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit versions)
- Requires minimum 1.75GHz CPU and 512MB RAM
- User's Manual (May 17, 2012)
- User's Manual (Jul 16, 2010)
- Print Server Manual (Feb 26, 2009)
- USB Server Manual (Jun 29, 2009)
- List of Supported Devices (Feb 20, 2013)
- User's Manual (Jul 16, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Oct 23, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Apr 28, 2010)
- Network Printer Wizard for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Sep 25, 2012)
- Network Printer Wizard for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Oct 21, 2009)
- Distribution disc for Windows XP/Vista/7 ver 1.29 (Oct 23, 2012)
- Distribution disc for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ver 1.22 (Aug 24, 2010)
Also, delivery was speedy and accurate. Couldn't ask for better service or a better product for what I needed. Thanks.
PROS: Simple to set up
CONS: Picky as to sequence of plugins. I had powered it on and then added the printers, no USB lights on the front came on. I power cycled and used toe reset then all was fine.
PROS: Easier to use than a network hub. Works with an XP computer and a Windows 7 computer, where-as the network hub continually crashed
CONS: More Wires...
PROS: Easy setup, Very small, fast
CONS: it only works with some printers for the network printing feature, but if your printer is not listed like mine isnt then you can just connect to it instead of just clicking the print button and having the program do the work for you
For the money paid, this is a wonderful device that allows me to share four devices over four computers without changing a single wire. I can use all four devices on one computer or one device on each computer or anywhere in between. Since I do not need to change wires I can locate the server and the drives in a location that is not readily accessible and use the accessible space for something that needs it.
This device allows a simple minded soul like me to create a sub network that only gets used every now and then to store or retrieve books, movies, photos etc to or from one of the drives. A nice side benefit in my case is that I have wired it in such a way that it is only powered on when I am actually using it (using an IR remote to provide power or shut power off).
I am going to buy my son one of these as he has a laptop and a desktop so if he needs to connect his laptop to one of his drives he will not have to go into wire changing mode.
It is true that each of the server ports can only be used at one time by one computer. However, this is not a big deal for me and I know the cost of servers that have a one to to many relationship.
If you understand that this limitation is not really a con then you will not be disappointed when using this.
PROS: Reasonably priced, Easy to set up, reliable, small footprint and VERY useful.
CONS: None that I can think of.
PROS: Isn´t enable in a support tech page the windows 8 drivers
CONS: Have a network with 10 users, we buy this product for share four printers in our LAN, but have 4 users in windows 8 and we can connected to print services because haven´t the win 8 drivers. How we can do it?. Thanks
PROS: I loved the compact design when I saw it online and then when it arrived it fit perfectly on the desk. Of course even better is that it does as it is designed to. I needed a network USB hub for my Dymo printer. This works great over the network.