Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Ethernet over Power - HD Stream 500Mbps Powerline Adapter
If you want to wire your home for Ethernet networking, you have several choices. You can spend a lot of time and effort snaking cable through your walls and installing wall plates, you can pay someone else a lot of money to install cabling, you can run wires out in the open where they can be tripped over and produce an eyesore, or you can use this Ethernet over Power Powerline Converter Kit from Monoprice!
The Powerline Converter system uses the existing electrical wiring in your home or apartment to transmit network traffic. As long as you have a power outlet in a room, you can have network connectivity!
Each kit comes with a single powerline adapter. Each adapter features a standard US NEMA 1-15 non-polarized blade plug, which serves the dual function of providing power and carrying the network data. Each adapter also features a 10/100/1000Mbps auto-MDIX Gigabit Ethernet port and a Reset/Pairing button.
Installation is as simple as plugging two or more adapters into wall outlets and pressing the pairing buttons to establish a connection between them. By default the system creates a public, unprotected network. However, by using the included setup utility you can easily create a private, protected network. Up to 9 total Powerline adapters can be used within a single network and multiple networks can operate on the same electric circuit, giving a level of flexibility and control not found in most ordinary Ethernet configurations.
These adapters are able to transmit network traffic to distances up to 300 meters, however for best results it is recommended to ensure the total network length does not exceed 100 meters (328 feet).
Each Powerline adapter measures about 2.8" x 2.0" x 1.1". LEDs on the face of each converter indicate power and network connectivity status.
- Compliant with TCP/IP, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, and IEEE P1901 standards
- Plug and Play - no drivers required
- Uses existing power wiring to transmit network data traffic
- Up to 500Mbps wired data throughput
- Can connect to Powerline adapters up to 300 meters distant
- Web based utility to manage PLC features and settings
- Quality of Service (QoS) feature prioritizes Internet traffi
- Supports advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure data security
- Intelligent channel adaptation
- Pair button quickly establishes a secure and private Powerline network with other Powerline devices