Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
SATA2 Serial ATA II PCI-Express RAID Controller Card (Silicon Image SIL3132)
The SATA2 Serial ATA II PCI-Express RAID Controller Card from Monoprice allows you to add two extra hard drives to your computer through the PCI-Express slot on your motherboard.
The card comes with an optional RAID utility, which lets you configure a RAID 0 or RAID 1 setup on the SATA ports for increases speed or improved reliability. It uses the SIL3132 chipset.
- Support 3.0Gb/s and NCQ
- Support 1-lane (x1) PCI-Express Bus with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s
- Compliant with PCI-Express 1.0a specification
- Support SATA II specification with transfer rate 3.0Gb/s
- Backward compatible to SATA 1.0a specification
- Support hard disks with Native Command Queue(NCQ) feature
- Capability to connect to a port multiplier with FIS based switching
- Hot plugging supported
- Support Raid 0,1
- Radi 10, 5 are supported, if drives are connected to a port multiplier
- Optional external SATA (eSATA) interfacing
System Requirements and Driver supported -
Windows 7, 2000, Server 2003 32/64-bit, XP 32/64-bit, Vista 32/64-bit
PCI Express-enabled system with an available PCI Express slot
- User's Manual (Mar 14, 2012)
1 X PCI-Express SATA II two ports host controller card
1 X CD Driver
1 X User Manual
DrBoB - retired PhD computer Puke
Win 7 Ultimate
Dealing with MonoPrice is as awesome as ever!!
PROS: Small footprint card. Works as advertised. Bios flash utility in Device Manager "Properties" in Windows.
CONS: None so far.
PROS: Cheapest way to add SATA ports to your system. They didn't seem to add a measurable amount of power consumption to the system. Very small cards.
CONS: The ports on the card don't support locking SATA cables.
CONS: None at this time.
I don't have any recommendations on using this card's internal raid support. UnRaid simply uses this as generic high-speed SATA ports.
PROS: Inexpensive, simple, fast and supported
CONS: I have not used the on-board RAID
PROS: Cheap. Fast (enough). Works, no configuration needed. Physically small.
I tried using a higher-price different brand card bought elsewhere, and it failed to keep a connection with the HDD, but Monoprice's card works great!! Would definitely buy again.