Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
PCI-Express 2x Dual RS-232 Serial Port and 1x Parallel Port Card, Moschip Chipset
Add one parallel and two serial ports to your Windows® or Linux desktop PC using this PCI-Express Dual Serial and Parallel Port Card from Monoprice!
This single-lane (x1) PCI-Express card uses the MOSCHIP MCS9901 chipset to provide two RS-232 serial ports and one IEEE-1294 parallel port. It features a female DB-25 connector on the main support bracket and two male DE-9 (aka DB-9) serial ports on a second bracket, which connect to the card via a ribbon cables. It also includes half-height support brackets for use in low-profile computer cases.
- Fully compliant with the PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.1
- Single Lane (x1) PCI-Express with throughput up to 2.5Gbps
- 2x RS-232 serial ports
- 1x IEEE-1284 compatible parallel port
- Supports RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 modes
- Supports Re-map function for legacy ports
- Compatible with industrial standard 16C450/16C550 UART
- 230.4 kbps maximum data rate on each serial port
- Supports hardware and software flow control
- Supports 5-, 6-, 7-, and 8-bit serial formats
- Supports Even, Odd, Non, Space, and Mark parity
- Supports 1 or 2 Stop bit operation
- Supports remote wakeup and power management features
- Optional jumper setting for RI, +5V, or +12V on pin 9 of each serial port connector
- Parallel port data rates up to 1.5 Mbps
- Parallel port supports SPP, PS2, EPP, and ECP modes
- Fully Plug and Play compatible
- FCC Certified and RoHS Compliant
Note that this card now uses the MCS-9901CV chip. The manual specifies using the drivers in the MCS9900 directory. Please use the drivers in the MCS9901 directory instead or download the latest drivers linked below.
- User's Manual (Aug 18, 2011)
- Drivers for Windows XP, Vista®, 7, 8, 8.1 (64-bit) ver 126.96.36.199 (Jun 25, 2014)
- Drivers for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 (32-bit) ver 188.8.131.52 (Jun 25, 2014)
- Drivers for Windows CE 6.0 ver 184.108.40.206 (Jun 5, 2009)
- Drivers for Windows CE 5.0, Mobile 5, Mobile 6 ver 220.127.116.11 (Jun 25, 2014)
- Drivers for Linux Kernel 2.6.x and 3.x ver 3.0.0 (Jul 28, 2014)
- DOS configuration tool for MS-DOS legacy I/O port configuration ver 18.104.22.168 (Feb 24, 2011)
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.