Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
USB 7.1 AUDIO Converter *GENERIC
Get virtual 7.1-channel surround sound from the stereo speakers or headphones connected to your Windows®, Mac®, or Linux PC using this USB 7.1 Audio Converter from Monoprice!
This converter plugs into an available USB port on your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC. Using the Xear 3D Sound Simulation software included with the converter, you can turn your stereo environment into a 3D surround soundstage. It is true plug and play with no drivers to install, making it even easier to use.
- Compliant with the USB 2.0 Full-Speed and High Speed Specifications
- Compliant with the USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
- Compliant with the USB HID Class Specification 1.1
- USB bus-powered - no external power required
- Features stereo audio output jack and mono microphone input jack
- Includes Xear 3D, the virtual 7.1 channel sound simulation software for Windows XP/Vista
- Driverless - no driver required for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server® 2003/Vista®/7, Linux, or Mac OS X® 10.x or later
- Desktop or notebook PC with an available USB port
- Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7 or Linux or Mac OS X 10.x or later
- Xear 3D (Virtual 7.1 channel sound simulation software) for Windows XP/Vista (included)
- Stereo speakers or headphones
- Mono microphone (optional)
Microsoft, Windows, Windows Server, and Windows Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PROS: - Can adjust volume with buttons on the device
- Can mute from a button on the device
- Plug and play Win7+
CONS: - "Virtual" 7.1 (software)
- Would have been better with a 3" USB extension (Gets in the way of other USB ports)
PROS: Works flawlessly with Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks, bypasses a problem with a flaky onboard audio chip.
PROS: It provided a cheap alternative to repairing a faulty headphone jack on my laptop
CONS: Flimsy construction
Thank you for your review on PID 10534. I truly apologize for the inconvenient experience you have faced while using this USB audio converter. If I may ask, can you send me pictures of the broken converter so we can look into this issue further? Also, if you would like, I can assist you in setting up an RMA for a replacement as we cover this product with a one year warranty. Obtaining the replacement would be of no additional cost to you. Sorry again for the trouble and thank you in advance!
Tech Support Associate