Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
USB to Serial Convert Cable ( DB9M / USB A Male) - 3FT
The USB-to-Serial Converter Cable allows you to connect an RS232 serial device to your PC through the USB 2.0 port with up to 230 kbps data transfer rate. This 3 foot long cable has a DB9 male connector (serial) on one end and a USB A male connector on the other.
- Uses the Prolific PL-2303 chipset
- Supports automatic handshake mode
- Works with cellular phones, PDAs, digital cameras, modems, and ISDN terminal adapters
- Supports Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Mac 8.6 and higher, and Linux (NOT compatible with Windows 8)
- Supports remote wake-up and power management
- Frees your RS-232 ports for other uses or provides an RS232 connector for PCs without a serial port
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8!!
Note that, although the packaging indicates that there is a manual included with this device, there is no manual included. We will get this discrepancy corrected as soon as possible.
PROS: Small, easy to use.
Highly recommend it.
Model is MCS7703
Also, install the software FIRST, before pluging in the hardware! If you don't then you won't have the ability to change the COM port number! It will also not add a Feature tab in the device properties in the Device Manager.
Again, install the software FIRST (OneSetup.exe) or you will lack the ability to assign a COM port number and use other advanced features.
PROS: -Works great on a windows 8 machine connecting to various Cisco devices with an attached console cable.
-No driver needed
-Cheap, brick and mortar shops by my house wanted $30 for similar products.
CONS: I should of ordered 2?
PROS: Works very well with win7 (all I have tried). It came with drivers but I did not need them.