Ambient and reflected sound can be a problem when recording acoustic and vocal tracks, especially in a "live" studio environment. Block unwanted sounds from entering your microphone by using this Microphone Isolation Shield from Monoprice!
This acoustic shield features an acoustic foam front and a vented metal back plate, which allows the microphone to "breathe" and prevents reflections within the arc of the shield. It uses a dual clamp mounting bracket, which attaches to booms or stands up to 1 1/4" in diameter. The two outer panels can be folded inward for storage or for creating a tighter acoustic isolation chamber.
The shield features a standard 3/8" microphone threaded mount and includes a 3/8" to 5/8" thread adapter. The shield can be used in a normal upright orientation or can be inverted, so that the microphone hangs down inside the chamber. All assembly and mounting hardware is included.
When folded for storage the shield measures about 17.3" x 15.4" x 5.5". When extended for use it measures about 23.5" x 15.4" x 11.0".
- User's Manual (Nov 8, 2013)
| rated by 20 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.