Record your voice while simultaneously listening through your headphones with this Audio cable for iPad® and smartphones from Monoprice!
Typically with other cables you can only record your voice with an external microphone, or simply listen to your tunes with your headphones. This cable gives you the ability to record your voice or musical instrument(s) through your iPhone®, Android™, or other device, and simultaneously listen through your headphones. Once this cable is plugged in you are good to go! Record and listen with your favorite third party application (such as GarageBand®, AmpliTube®, etc.).
The 4-conductor TRRS plug on this cable uses the CTIA standard configuration, which puts the microphone signal on the sleeve (versus being on the second ring in the OMTP standard). The CTIA standard has always been used by Apple and HTC, while older Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, and Wiko devices initially used the OMTP standard. However, the latest versions use the CTIA standard. This cable is therefore compatible with:
- iPod touch® 3rd Generation and later versions
- iPhone 3GS and later versions
- iPad (all versions, including iPad mini)
- Samsung Galaxy S® version 3 and later
- Samsung Galaxy Note® version 2 and later
- Any Android device using the CTIA standard TRRS connector with the microphone on the sleeve, as described above
While the TRRS plug is wired to the CTIA standard, the TRS headphone jack and TS microphone jack use standard wiring. The microphone input is compatible with microphones equipped with either a TS or TRS connector, such as those used on PCs. A combination mic-headphone assembly, such as those normally used with smartphones, is not a compatible input device.
- Plug the 3.5mm (1/8") TRRS plug into the headphone jack on your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- The smaller of the two 3.5mm (1/8") female jack bodies is the TRS stereo headphone output. Plug your standard earphones or headphones into this jack.
- The larger of the two 3.5mm (1/8") female jack bodies is the TS mono microphone input. Plug your standard PC style microphone into this jack.
- This cable only provides the electrical connections, allowing the physical use of the external microphone. To record the signals sent to the device you will need to have a software app, such as GarageBand for iOS®.
- If using GarageBand for iOS note that the app generally cancels the monitor output during recording. This can be modified in "Settings" under "Crosstalk Protection". Be sure to minimize the input volume first.
Apple, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and GarageBand are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Samsung, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Note are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
AmpliTube is trademark or registered trademark, property of IK Multimedia Production.
| rated by 26 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.