Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Get outstanding vocal and acoustic reproduction with this Gold Sputtered Large Diaphragm Condenser Studio Recording Microphone from Monoprice!
This professional quality microphone features a 6-micron gold sputtered diaphragm for superior responsiveness. The mic uses a cardioid pickup pattern and reproduces frequencies from 30Hz to 20KHz. It has a 15mV/PA (-36dB) sensitivity, with a maximum SPL of 137dB at 0.5% THD.
The mic requires 48V phantom power to operate and has a standard XLR connection. A switchable high-pass filter with 6dB/octave attenuation at 150 Hz helps reduce bass boom from the proximity effect, while a second switch enables a -10dB pre-attenuation pad, which reduces the possibility of overloading the mic's internal circuitry.
The microphone comes with a shock mount, which isolates the microphone from vibrations on the mic stand. The mic measures about 6.2" long x 2.3" diameter. The shock mount measures approximately 5.7" x 4.6" x 2.6".
This microphone was reviewed by Joseph Lemmer at TapeOp magazine. You can read the review here.
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- XLR Connector: Gold plated
- Capsule Size: 0.87 in. (22mm)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (15mV/Pa)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Pre-Attenuation Switch: 0 dB, -10 dB
- High Pass Filter: 6 dB/octave @ 150Hz
- Equivalent noise: 19dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 137 dB
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Shock Mount Screw Thread Size: 5/8 in.
- Size: 59mm x 158mm/2.32 in. x 6.22 in.
- Weight: 1 lb/453.59g