Thunder D3 Dual-bay Thunderbolt™ + USB 3.0 Enclosure -Silver
Add up to 4TB of ultrafast storage to your MacBook® or other Thunderbolt™ equipped computer using this RAID-capable Thunder D3 Dual-bay Thunderbolt + USB 3.0 Enclosure from Monoprice!
This aluminum dual-bay enclosure accepts two 2.5" SATA drives with a maximum capacity of 2TB each. It accepts both hard drives and SSDs, with maximum thickness from 9.5 ~ 15 mm. It supports drives using the SATA 1.5Gbps, 3.0Gbps, or 6.0Gbps (SATA I, II, and III) interfaces for maximum flexibility in drive selection.
This aluminum enclosure includes one Thunderbolt and one USB 3.0 port, for additional flexibility. Thunderbolt provides data transfer rates up to 10Gbps, which is more than 60% faster than the SATA III interface. USB 3.0 provides data transfer rates up to 5.0Gbps, which though slower than Thunderbolt, is still almost as fast as SATA III.
The enclosure treats each drive as a separate volume and is capable of working with RAID software (not included). It can draw all the power it needs from the Thunderbolt or USB connection, but an AC power adapter is also included so you don't have to rely on bus power. A USB 3.0 cable is also included.
- Supports 2.5" HDD and SSD models using the SATA I, II, or III interface
- Supports drives between 9.5 ~ 15 mm thick
- Supports drives from 20GB ~ 2TB capacity (each)
- Up to 10Gbps data transfer rate using Thunderbolt
- Up to 5Gbps data transfer rate using USB 3.0
- Supports volumes larger than 2TB using software RAID (not included)
- Aluminum enclosure with built-in cooling fan (21.0 dBA noise level)
- Includes both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports for maximum flexibility
- Powered by Thunderbolt or USB 3.0 bus or using included AC adapter
- Supports Mac® OS X® 10.7 or later
- Supports Windows® 7 and Windows 8
Note that this enclosure does NOT support the Seagate Constellation 15mm drives.
Apple, Mac, MacBook, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
|Case Interface||Thunderbolt and USB 3.0|
|Supports Daisy Chaining||No|
|# of Drives||1 or 2|
|Drive Interface||SATA I, II, or III|
|Drive Capacity||20GB ~ 2TB each|
|Drive Dimensions||9.5 ~ 15 mm thick|
|Fan Noise Level||21.0dBA|
|Data Transfer Rate||
Thunderbolt: up to 10Gbps
USB 3.0: up to 5Gbps
|Dimensions||5.2" x 3.7" x 2.5" (13.3 x 9.3 x 6.3 cm)|
|Power Source||Thunderbolt bus, USB 3.0 bus, or AC adapter|
|AC Adapter Input Power||100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Case Input Power||+12 VDC, 2A|
|Operating Temperature||+41 ~ +95°F (+5 ~ +35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +158°F (-20 ~ +70°C)|
|Relative Humidity||5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.7 or later, Windows 7, Windows 8|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC, CE|
- 1x Thunder D3 enclosure
- 1x USB 3.0 cable
- 1x AC 12VDC/2A adapter
- 1x Setup guide