Monoprice Thunder Dock powered by AKiTiO
The Thunderbolt™ dock links past, present and future technology to your computer with just one Thunderbolt cable. The Thunder Dock allows you to access your data on both legacy and future storage drives by providing multiple host ports for USB 3.0, eSATA and FireWire® 800. It also has two Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining additional Thunderbolt devices and storage.
- Two Thunderbolt ports for lightning fast speeds up to 10Gb/s
- Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices
- Two eSATA host ports (up to 6Gb/s)
- One 7 watt bus-powered FireWire 800 host port
- Two bus-powered USB 3.0 host ports (supports UASP)
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
Linking past, present and future technology
USB 3.0 supporting UASP
The two USB 3.0 ports both support UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol) for increased performance over USB 3.0 but the same ports can of course also be used to connect the older USB 2.0 storage drives. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each USB port is about 370MB/s.
FireWire with bus-power (7W)
Long a favorite of Mac users but now replaced by Thunderbolt and USB 3.0, the FireWire interface can still be used through the Thunder Dock. Simply hook up your legacy FireWire drives (bus-powered and self-powered) to the dock and you can access all your existing data without having to buy new hard drive enclosures.
eSATA storage (6Gbps)
Not as common as the other interfaces but PC users will be happy to know that there are also two eSATA ports available to hook up external eSATA drives.
High-Speed I/O Performance
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary connection technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Thunderbolt I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions. That makes Thunderbolt extremely fast and flexible. In comparison, it is up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800.
One Thunderbolt cable to connect them all. Simply connect the dock to your computer with just one cable and get instant access to all the additional storage drives that are hooked up to the dock. The lighting fast Thunderbolt interface guarantees that you can achieve the best possible data transfer rates.
Thunderbolt Daisy Chain
Storage & Display
The second Thunderbolt port allows you to connect up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices (storage or display) in a daisy chain.
Independent eSATA controllers
Two independent eSATA controllers guarantee that the performance doesn't drop, when a second eSATA storage device is connected at the same time. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each eSATA port is about 370MB/s.
USB charger (2.1A)
Recharge mobile phones & tablets
The USB ports can be used to recharge your electronic devices (e.g. iPad® or iPhone®) over USB on Mac® OS X® 10.9.2 or above. Providing up to 2.1A, the Thunder Dock can even recharge your larger devices such as the iPad. It also provides power for the Apple® Keyboard and the Apple SuperDrive® for computers that do not have a built-in SuperDrive.
- This product is not supported on Boot Camp®
- This product is not supported on Windows® but works with limited functionality (e.g. no hot plug)
- This product does not support FirmTek's SeriTek™/5PM eSATA hard drive enclosure
- External drives that are connected to the docking station do NOT spin down unless the power to the drive(s) is turned off
Mac Driver to Enable USB Charging Support on OS X 10.9.2 and above (Mar 26, 2014)
- This driver enables support for iOS® device charging at up to 2.1A during the system power state S0 (operational system) or S3 (Suspend to RAM).
- This driver enables support for Apple SuperDrive and Apple Keyboard.
- Make sure to restart the system after the driver installation.
- Windows 7/8 Drivers v22.214.171.124 (May 12, 2014)
- QUick Installation Guide (Nov 19, 2013)
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Apple, FireWire, iPad, iPhone, Mac, OS X, SuperDrive, and Boot Camp are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad mini is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
FirmTek and SeriTek names and logotypes are trademarks of FirmTek, LLC.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
|System requirements (PC)|
|System requirements (Mac)||
* Officially, Windows is not supported but the docking station can be used on a Windows computer as long as the Thunderbolt cable is connected to the computer before the system is booted up and it is never disconnected while the system is running. Also, make sure that both the Thunder Dock and all the devices that are attached to the dock are turned on before starting up the system.
| rated by 1 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.