Add up to 4TB of ultrafast storage to your MacBook® or other Thunderbolt™ equipped computer using this RAID-capable ThunderDUO Dual Bay Thunderbolt Enclosure from Monoprice!
This aluminum dual-bay enclosure accepts two 2.5" SATA drives with a maximum capacity of 2TB each. It accepts both hard drives and SSDs, with maximum thickness from 9.5 ~ 15 mm. It supports drives using the SATA 1.5Gbps, 3.0Gbps, or 6.0Gbps (SATA I, II, and III) interfaces for maximum flexibility in drive selection.
This aluminum enclosure includes two Thunderbolt ports, so you can use it to daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt enclosures. Thunderbolt provides data transfer rates up to 10Gbps, which is more than 60% faster than the SATA III interface.
The enclosure treats each drive as a separate volume and is capable of working with RAID software (not included). An AC power adapter and a Thunderbolt cable are also included.
- Supports 2.5" HDD and SSD models using the SATA I, II, or III interface
- Supports drives between 9.5 ~ 15 mm thick
- Supports drives from 20GB ~ 2TB capacity (each)
- Up to 10Gbps data transfer rate
- Supports volumes larger than 2TB using software RAID (not included)
- Aluminum enclosure with built-in cooling fan (21.0 dBA noise level)
- Includes two Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining devices
- Supports Mac® OS X® 10.7 or later
- Supports Windows® 7 and Windows 8
Note that this enclosure does NOT support the Seagate Constellation 15mm drives.
Apple, Mac, MacBook, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
|Supports Daisy Chaining||Yes|
|# of Drives||1 or 2|
|Drive Interface||SATA I, II, or III|
|Drive Capacity||20GB ~ 2TB each|
|Drive Dimensions||9.5 ~ 15 mm thick|
|Fan Noise Level||21.0dBA|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 10Gbps|
|Dimensions||5.2" x 3.7" x 2.5" (13.3 x 9.3 x 6.3 cm)|
|Power Source||Thunderbolt bus or AC adapter|
|AC Adapter Input Power||100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Case Input Power||+12 VDC, 4A|
|Operating Temperature||+41 ~ +95°F (+5 ~ +35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +158°F (-20 ~ +70°C)|
|Relative Humidity||5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.7 or later, Windows 7, Windows 8|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC, CE|
- 1x ThunderDUO enclosure
- 1x Thunderbolt cable
- 1x AC 12VDC/4A adapter
- 1x Setup guide
| rated by 4 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.