Are you thinking about installing an ultrafast RAID array, but you either have a laptop, don't want to open up your PC, and/or don't want to mess with drivers and complicated configurations? Monoprice has the answer to your needs in the form of this 2-bay 3.5" HDD USB 3.0/eSATA/Firewire 800 RAID Enclosure!
This RAID enclosure is perfect for increasing data throughput speed using the RAID 0 striping mode or for increasing data security using the RAID 1 mirror mode. It supports two 3.5" SATA III (6.0 Gbps) drives up to 3TB each and has even been tested with the latest Hitachi 4TB drives for up to 8TB of storage using the RAID 0 mode.
This aluminum enclosure is completely self-contained, with everything needed to connect to a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using a USB cable (included), except the drives themselves, of course. It has a built-in 70 watt power supply, which provides 12 VDC and 5 VDC power levels from any 100 ~ 240 VAC power source, and a 60mm fan to keep things cool. In addition to the USB 3.0 interface, it includes an eSATA II (3.0 Gbps) and two Firewire 800 ports.
It features an energy (and drive) saving standby mode, which is automatically activated when the connected PC is put into "sleep" or "standby" mode. Drive installation is made easier with the ability to hot swap drives in and out of the system without turning off either the enclosure or the connected PC. Most importantly, it contains all the controllers, drivers, and software needed to operate and maintain the RAID array, making RAID installation and configuration as simple and easy as it can possibly be.
|RAID Chipset||ASM1051 + JM355 + SR2045|
|Supported Modes||RAID 0, RAID 1|
|Supported HDD Types||2x 3.5" SATA III (6.0 Gbps) HDD|
|Supported HDD Sizes||Up to 3TB*|
|LED Indicators||Power, HDD access, Alarm|
|Environmental Detectors||Temperature, Fan failure|
|Cooling Fans||1x 60mm, 4600 rpm 12V fan|
|Input Power||100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Output Power||5 and 12 VDC, 70 watts|
|OS Compatibility||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Dimensions||8.5" x 4.8" x 4.0" (215 x 122 x 102 mm)|
|Weight||3.7 lbs (1.7 Kg)|
* The Hitachi HUS724040ALA640 and HUS724040ALE640 4TB drives have been tested successfully in this enclosure as single 4TB and single 8TB volumes.
- 1x 3.5" 2-bay USB 3.0 RAID enclosure
- 1x Power cable (NEMA 5-15 to IEC 60320 C13)
- 1x USB 3.0 cable (A male to B male)
- 1x eSATA cable
- 1x Firewire 800 (1394b) cable
- 1x Quick installation guide
- 1x CD with manual and Windows utility
- 1x Accessory kit
| rated by 3 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.