Upgrade your PC's hard drive cage to include hot swapping, support for SAS and SATA drives, and security using this Trayless Hot Swap Cage from Monoprice!
This hard drive cage is intended to be installed into a standard PC case. It uses three 5.25" bays, but provides space for four 3.5" drives. It uses an SAS backplane, which provides full support for SAS I/II and SATA I/II/III drives with capacities up to 3TB each. Each bay is hot swappable, which means you can change out drives without turning off your PC.
The cage is made of heavy-duty brushed aluminum, which provides superior drive heat dissipation, while keeping weight to a minimum. Each of the four bays has an individual door, which automatically ejects the drive as the door is opened. Each door has a lock, so drives can be individually locked into place, which allows different users to bring their own data drives, while keeping the main system drives locked.
The enclosure has an 80mm fan attached to the back for active cooling. The fan cover is easily removed so the fan can be cleaned or swapped out. A switch on the back of the enclosure allows you to control the fan speed, so you can balance cooling needs with noise and fan life. Another switch on the back allows you to disable the individual blue drive LEDs on the front bezel of the enclosure.
The enclosure uses standard SATA data and power cables (four data, two power). The enclosure comes with four SATA 6.0 Gbps (SATA III) cables, screws to secure the cage in a computer case, and a key to lock the drive access doors.
- Aluminum frame for light weight and superior heat dissipation
- Supports SAS I, SAS II, SATA I, SATA II, and SATA III drives
- Provides up to 6.0 Gbps data transfer rate
- Supports drives up to 3TB capacity
- Converts three 5.25" drive bays to four 3.5" drive bays
- Each bay individually lockable
- Supports Hot Swapping
- Supports RAID (separate RAID controller required)
- Individual LEDs for each drive (LEDs can be disabled)
- Removable fan cover allows for easy maintenance
- Supports high-speed and low-speed fan operation (switchable)
- Dimensions: 5.7" x 4.9" x 7.8"
- Weight: 3 lbs