Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
5.25" to 4 x 2.5" SAS and SATA 6Gb/s Hot-Swap Cage
Upgrade your PC's hard drive cage to include hot swapping, support for SAS and SATA drives, and security using this Hot Swap Cage from Monoprice!
This hard drive cage is intended to be installed into a standard PC case. It uses a single 5.25" bay and provides space for four 2.5" drives. It uses an SAS backplane, which provides full support for SAS I/II and SATA I/II/III drives. Each bay is hot swappable, which means you can change out drives without turning off your PC.
The cage is made of heavy-duty brushed aluminum, which provides superior drive heat dissipation, while keeping weight to a minimum. Each of the four bays has an individual drive tray, which accommodates 2.5" drives up to 15mm thick. Each bay has a lock, so drives can be individually locked into place, which allows different users to bring their own data drives, while keeping the main system drives locked.
The enclosure has two 40mm fans for active cooling. Each bay has two associated data connectors on the back. The primary connectors are intended for basic use and are compatible with both SAS and SATA hard drives. The secondary connectors are compatible with SAS drives only. Both connectors can be used simultaneously when using a dual channel SAS controller for improved data throughput.
The cage uses standard SATA data and power cables (four data, one power). It comes with four SATA 6.0 Gbps (SATA III) cables, screws to secure the cage in a computer case and to secure each drive in its individual enclosure, and a key to lock the drive access doors.
- Aluminum frame for light weight and superior heat dissipation
- Supports SAS I, SAS II, SATA I, SATA II, and SATA III drives
- Provides up to 6.0 Gbps data transfer rate
- Supports 2.5" drives up to 15mm thick
- Converts a single 5.25" drive bay to four 2.5" drive bays
- Each bay individually lockable
- Supports Hot Swapping
- Supports RAID (separate RAID controller required)
- Supports Dual Channel SAS
- Combination drive activity/power LED
- Dimensions: 5.8" x 1.7" x 6.8"
- Weight: 1.8 lbs