Affordable stereo receiver combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis construction for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, Pure Direct, along with Yamaha iPod® dock connection and a 40-station AM/FM for great music enjoyment.
This item has free ground shipping to destinations within the 48 Contiguous United States. Other shipping options are available for destinations within the United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, and territories of the United States. This product cannot be shipped to destinations outside the United States.
- High-end design similar to the A-S2000—the look and feel of the control knobs, for example
- ToP-ART and ART Base chassis construction fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration
- High grade parts selected and tested to meet Yamaha standards and provide the best possible sound
- An iPod dock port provides highest quality sound from an iPod. iPod video out allows connection to a TV
- Connect two sets of speakers; switch between them or listen to both at the same time
- Auto Power Off automatically turns off the power after a certain amount of time to save energy
- 50 W x 2 high power output
- 40-station AM/FM random access preset tuning
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Aluminum-extruded front panel
- Subwoofer out
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Slim-design remote control
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
Remote (IR) One In/Out
These terminals let you connect an IR signal receiver for wireless remote control between the Main Zone and Zone 2.
Speaker A/B and A+B Selection
Enjoy music in a second room! Just connect a second pair of speakers to the Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the same time.
The Look and Texture of Quality
Offers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment to quality when you touch the knobs.
ToP-ART Sound Quality Design
ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate effects from external vibration.
Music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
New Speaker Terminals
These high grade speaker terminals have silver plating for best connection and outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion.
Highest Quality Parts
The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
Continuously Variable Loudness Control
Our ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels. This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency response.
Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
The iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures optimum iPod sound quality.
Balanced System for Minimal Noise
An unbalanced interface is subject to commonmode voltage noise, so Yamaha uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality.
Made for iPod and iPhone (Docking Station)
The "Made for iPod and iPhone" combination logo indicates that the product is equipped to use an optional Yamaha Universal iPod/iPhone Dock that lets you connect your iPod or iPhone to this product. With the optional dock you can listen to your music and operate the iPod/iPhone via the product's remote control while at the same time charging the battery. Depending on your product's specifications, some will allow you to use the On-Screen Display feature on your video monitor to navigate your music. Some products can even allow you to view your photos and movies from your iPod/iPhone on your video monitor (view the Specifications of each product for iPod/iPhone playback compatibility).
|Output Power (RMS)||50 W x 2|
|iPod Compatibility via Yamaha Universal Dock||1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10)|
|Pure Direct Switch||Yes|
|Linear Damping Factor (Speaker A)||150 or more|
|Continuously Variable Loudness Control||Yes|
|Remote Controllable Master Volume Control||Yes|
|Preset Tuning for Radio Stations||40-station|
|IR Ports||1 In / 1 Out|
|Product Dimension (W x H x D) / Weight (lbs.)||17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4" / 19.4|
© 2014 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.
Apple, iPod, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.