The Monoprice Pro LAN Tracer/Toner is a professional tool used to test and troubleshoot RJ11 cables and individual wires. It can be used to trace and identify individual wires or cables within a bundle or group and can perform continuity testing.
The tester is composed of two individual units: the Tone Generator and the Amplifier Probe with sensing tip. Each unit is constructed of plastic and is powered by a 9 volt battery. Two 9 volt alkaline batteries are included in the packaging.
The Tone Generator has a three position toggle switch, that turns the unit on in Tone or Continuity mode. A metal sheath around the switch prevents it from being accidentally turned on or off. A 3-color LED is used to indicate line polarity, continuity, and phone line condition. The Tone Generator unit has an attached pair of red and black leads with alligator clips, plus an RJ11 4-conductor wire and plug.
The Amplifier Probe has an adjustable volume control, a speaker, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. A recessed power/activation press-to-use button prevents the probe from being accidentally powered on or from draining the battery by being left on when not in use.
The Amplifier Probe is used to detect the presence of the tone sent by the Tone Generator on a wire. This can be used to detect continuity in a single wire and can test for breakage points along a wire's length. Additionally, it can be used to identify individual wires within a bundle.
- User's Manual (Mar 23, 2011)
- 1x Tone Generator
- 1x Amplifier Probe
- 1x Nylon, zippered carrying bag with front pocket
- 2x 9 volt alkaline batteries
Note: Please remove plastic wrapping from batteries before use.
| rated by 21 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.