Whether your cables are in Soho, New York, Los Angeles, or Timbuktu, the Monoprice LanSOHO 200 Cable Tester will be there to defend your network from faulty cables, or at least let you know when you have one.
This multifunction tester is designed to work with RJ45 and BNC Coax cables. It can test for continuity, open or short circuits, crossed wires, or incorrectly wired split pairs. It can also generate a tone signal for identifying individual cables in bundles or finding the location of a cable break, when used with an Amplifier Probe (not included).
The tester is equipped to give proper test results for RJ45 cables wired for EIA/TIA-568A, EIA/TIA-568B (AT&T-258A), 10BASE-T, and Token Ring. The manual shows proper test results for each type of cable and gives examples of failure indications.
Compact and easy to use, this cable tester is appropriate for everyone, from the home network DIYer to the IT professional. Order before midnight tonight and get a 9 volt alkaline battery, zippered nylon carrying case, metal belt clip, 6" BNC jumper cable, and 50-ohm BNC terminator with each tester!
Note that the instructions included with this device do not indicate how to enable Tone mode. To enable Tone mode, press and hold the Fault Check/Tone button for about 5 seconds, until the Tone light illuminates. You can then connect the RJ45 cable and check for the tone using a Probe, such as the ones included with PID 8132 and PID 8134.
WARNING!!! Do not test live circuits as it could cause damage to the tester unit or personal injury.
|Power||1x 9 volt alkaline battery|
|Weight||4.0 oz. (112g)|
|Dimensions||2.8" x 1.4" x 4.1" (70 x 36 x 104 mm)|
- 1x LanSOHO 200 Pro Cable Tester Master Unit
- 1x Remote Terminator (attached to the Master unit)
- 1x 9 volt alkaline battery
- 1x 6" BNC male-to-male jumper cable
- 1x 50-ohm BNC female terminator
- 1x Metal belt clip
- 1x Zippered nylon belt pouch
Note: Please remove the plastic wrap from the battery before use.
| rated by 1 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.