In-wall and in-ceiling speakers allow you to expand your listening environment throughout your entire home as well as remove the clutter of giant box speakers giving you back your living space. In either case it's a win-win situation for those who desire high fidelity and those who put emphasis on decor.
Kevlar cones are light weight yet extremely rigid, providing very precise audio with minimal distortion caused by cone flex. The Kevlar woofers are matched with equally precise silk membrane dome tweeters made of titanium fiber thread and a high quality crossover network to ensure high fidelity and low distortion. The lower distortion levels allow the speaker to be driven harder and handle higher peak power levels. The main benefits of Kevlar speakers are the clarity and fidelity at which they produce audio.
These aspeakers provide a 15 degree woofer configuration, which allow for more precise focusing of sounds, so you can custom tailor the sonic signature of your system.
- Light and rigid, well balanced, angled black woven Kevlar cone eoofers for distortion free reproduction
- Oversized magnets for more impactful bass
- Precision ferrofluid cooled, cat-eye silk dome tweeters for sweeter highs and pure sonic clarity
- Pivoting tweeters allow you to point the accoustics to the prime listening position for a more accurate and immersive sonic experience
- Adjustable crossover switch allows you to match the speakers to the sonic characteristics of your listening environment and the location in which you place them
- 80W nomimal and 160W maximum power handling capacity ensures that these drivers won't be overdriven or easily blown out
Please note that the video on this page shows the specific instructions for installation of PID 4101. However, it is representational of the steps, tools, and types of procedures that would be used for the installation of any in-wall or in-ceiling speaker and is included on this page for reference purposes only. Please refer to the installation instructions of the in-wall or in-ceiling speaker you have for the specific dimensions and installation procedures.
Note that the price listed in the video was the price for PID 4101 at the time the video was made. Prices can fluctuate up and down based on production costs and the value of the US$ against foreign currencies.
- User's Manual (Jan 9, 2009)
|Frequency Response||42 Hz ~ 20 kHz|
|Power Handling Capacity||80 watts nominal, 160 watts maximum|
|Woofer||8" Kevlar Woven Cone Woofer w/ 30 oz. magnet and rubber surrounds|
|Tweeter||1" Pivoting Cat-Eye Silk Dome with Ferrofluid|
|Sensitivity||89dB ±2db (1.0m/2.83V)|
|Crossover||12dB per Octave (with -3dB, -6dB switch)|
- 2x 8" 2-way in-ceiling speaker w/ grill
- 1x Installation instructions
- 1x Cutout template and paint mask
- 1x Grill removal tool
- 1x Grill putty
|8 Inches Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair) - w/ 15 Degree Angled Woofer|
|Question: How do I install these speakers in the wall or ceiling?|
|Answer: There are clips that secure it to the wall or ceiling boards. You don''''''''t need any additional box or bracket. You simply cut out a hole in the wall or ceiling with the template provided, insert the speakers and when you turn the mounting screws located on the face of the speakers underneath the grills, the clips will engage and secure the speaker in place.|
|Question: There is insulation behind my wall. Is it safe to install the speaker without a box?|
|Answer: In-wall speakers are designed with the posibility of insullation in mind. The insulation will not harm the speakers or create any hazzard. Even regular box speakers have insulation in side them to reduce the effects of standing sound waves.|
| rated by 107 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.