Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
8-inch Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair) - w/ 15 Degree Angled Woofer
In-wall and in-ceiling speakers allow you to expand your listening environment throughout your entire home as well as remove the clutter of giant box speakers giving you back your living space. In either case it's a win-win situation for those who desire high fidelity and those who put emphasis on decor.
Kevlar cones are light weight yet extremely rigid, providing very precise audio with minimal distortion caused by cone flex. The Kevlar woofers are matched with equally precise silk membrane dome tweeters made of titanium fiber thread and a high quality crossover network to ensure high fidelity and low distortion. The lower distortion levels allow the speaker to be driven harder and handle higher peak power levels. The main benefits of Kevlar speakers are the clarity and fidelity at which they produce audio.
These aspeakers provide a 15 degree woofer configuration, which allow for more precise focusing of sounds, so you can custom tailor the sonic signature of your system.
- Light and rigid, well balanced, angled black woven Kevlar cone eoofers for distortion free reproduction
- Oversized magnets for more impactful bass
- Precision ferrofluid cooled, cat-eye silk dome tweeters for sweeter highs and pure sonic clarity
- Pivoting tweeters allow you to point the accoustics to the prime listening position for a more accurate and immersive sonic experience
- Adjustable crossover switch allows you to match the speakers to the sonic characteristics of your listening environment and the location in which you place them
- 80W nomimal and 160W maximum power handling capacity ensures that these drivers won't be overdriven or easily blown out
Please note that the video on this page shows the specific instructions for installation of PID 4101. However, it is representational of the steps, tools, and types of procedures that would be used for the installation of any in-wall or in-ceiling speaker and is included on this page for reference purposes only. Please refer to the installation instructions of the in-wall or in-ceiling speaker you have for the specific dimensions and installation procedures.
Note that the price listed in the video was the price for PID 4101 at the time the video was made. Prices can fluctuate up and down based on production costs and the value of the US$ against foreign currencies.
- User's Manual (Jan 9, 2009)
|Frequency Response||42 Hz ~ 20 kHz|
|Power Handling Capacity||80 watts nominal, 160 watts maximum|
|Woofer||8" Kevlar Woven Cone Woofer w/ 30 oz. magnet and rubber surrounds|
|Tweeter||1" Pivoting Cat-Eye Silk Dome with Ferrofluid|
|Sensitivity||89dB ±2db (1.0m/2.83V)|
|Crossover||12dB per Octave (with -3dB, -6dB switch)|
- 2x 8" 2-way in-ceiling speaker w/ grill
- 1x Installation instructions
- 1x Cutout template and paint mask
- 1x Grill removal tool
- 1x Grill putty