Control up to four audio/video components located behind closed doors or walls in an entertainment cabinet or closet using this Dual Band IR Repeater from Monoprice!
This IR repeater lets you store your equipment out of sight, yet still operate it with its infrared remote control. The repeater supports dual band IR signals with frequencies between 30-60KHz. The kit includes an IR receiver with a 3 foot cord, which you need to place so that you can point your remote control at it.
The receiver then transmits the signal to the repeater, which sends it out to all four transmitter bulbs, which should be placed over the IR "eye" on each of your components. The kit comes with two transmitter cables, each with two IR transmitter bulbs and 6 foot cord.
The box measures a scant 3.1" x 2.1" x 0.9" and has mounting holes so it can be attached to a wall or inside a cabinet. The repeater is powered by the included AC adapter (5 VDC, 0.5A) and can be expanded by adding one more receiver and three more transmitter cables.
Note that the cables use standard 3.5mm mono and stereo plugs, so they can be lengthened by using a 3.5mm audio extension cable.
- User's Manual (Oct 5, 2012)
| rated by 230 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.