While stereo audio is great for recorded music and television, when it comes to FPS gaming you really need more audio directionality, so you can hear when someone is ahead of you, behind you, or even overhead. In short, you need a Dolby® 7.1 channel audio system, such as this 7.1 Channel Dolby Digital Amplified Gaming Headset from Monoprice!
The headset is designed to connect to PC, PlayStation® 4, and Xbox® One gaming systems, and comes with all the necessary cables and connectors. It supports both analog 2-channel and digital 7.1 channel Toslink (optical) input and is certified by Dolby for use with Dolby Digital 5.1, Pro Logic® IIx, and Dolby Headphone modes.
The headset uses a USB connection for microphone communications on the PC and PS4®, or a 3.5mm TRRS plug for the Xbox One and smartphones. It comes with two boom microphones, one designed for gaming and the other for mobile hands-free use with Smartphone. The TRRS jack uses the Apple® standard, with the ground on the second ring. An adapter is included, which converts to the older standard with the ground on the sleeve, so this headset can be used with any Smartphone, old or new. Additionally, it supports the Xbox Live® Communication standard.
Rather than using eight small drivers packed into the two ear pieces to produce the 7.1 channel audio placement, this headset uses a single 40mm driver on each side. The larger driver produces superior, distortion-free sound reproduction under both 2-channel stereo and 7.1 channel conditions.
The Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) creates the necessary phasing of the audio signal to the headset to produce a clear and accurate 7.1 channel soundstage, which provides the necessary audible queues you need to excel at FPS gaming. The DAC also allows for separate volume control over each of the 8 audio channels, so you can adjust it for the perfect soundstage balance.
Although this audio system comes with only the single headset, the system supports up to two headsets. The headset from the Entry-Level Amplified Gaming Headset (PID 9770) can be used as the second headset for this system. Although the Entry Level system is not designed for 7.1 channel audio, the headset can produce a 7.1 channel soundstage using the DAC's internal phasing circuitry.
- Designed for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC gaming
- Compatible with Wii™, iPod®, iPhone®, and other mobile devices
- Includes two detachable boom microphones - one for gaming and the other for hands-free phone use
- Compatible with Xbox Live Communication function
- Includes both analog stereo and optical digital Toslink 7.1 channel inputs
- Approved by Dolby for Dolby Digital 5.1, Pro Logic IIx, and Dolby Headphone
- Amplified audio output for Xbox One and PS4, and optionally for PC operation
- User's Manual (Sep 26, 2012)
Apple, iPod, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PlayStation and PS4 are registered trademarks of Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Xbox, Xbox One, and Xbox Live are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Dolby, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.
|Sound Pressure Level||117dB ±3dB at 1mW, 1KHz|
|Frequency Response||20Hz ~ 20KHz|
|Cable Length||~ 31 inches|
|Voice Coil Size||6.5mm|
|Analog-to-Digital Converter Performance|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||102dB ("A" weighted at 48KHz)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||-90dB|
|Sampling Rate||32 ~ 96KHz|
|Digital-to-Analog Converter Performance|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||106dB ("A" weighted at 48KHz)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||-97dB|
|Sampling Frequency||8 ~ 192 KHz|
- 1x Headset
- 1x Breakaway Inline Controller Cable
- 1x Microphone for PC-Gaming/Music
- 1x Mini Microphone for Smartphones and Tablets
- 1x Decoder Box
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Optical Cable
- 1x 3.5 mm plug to 3.5 mm plug Cable
- 1x G6(F) to 2x 3.5 mm plug Cable
- 1x 3.5 mm plug to 2.5 mm plug Cable
- 1x Operation Manual
- 1x Smartphone Adapter for NOKIA / Sony Ericsson / SAMSUNG Devices
| rated by 60 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.