Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Bluetooth® Party Speaker
Be the Master of Ceremonies and the Disk Jockey at your next party, BBQ, camping trip, or family outing using this Bluetooth® Party Speaker from Monoprice!
This portable speaker system is designed to serve as both a music source and a PA system. It features an 8" woofer and 1/2" dome tweeter with a frequency response of 50 Hz ~ 20 kHz (±3dB). It is powered by a built in amplifier that can produce up to 50 watts.
The speaker system is powered using either an AC power connection or a built-in rechargeable lead-acid type powersports battery. When under battery power the amplifier can produce up to 18 watts.
There are four primary methods of connecting to a music source:
- Bluetooth - you can stream music from your smartphone or tablet to the speaker system using a wireless Bluetooth connection
- USB - you can plug a USB flash drive with mp3 and/or wma files into the USB port
- SD/MMC Card - you can plug an SD or MMC card with mp3 and/or wma files into the card slot
- Wired - you can connect a line level input into the 3.5mm TRS jack or into the two RCA jacks
Additionally, the system sports two 1/4" microphone jacks, so up to two people can take the stage to MC or sing along with the music. The system features three individual volume controls for the various inputs:
- MIC VOLUME - controls the volume level of the two microphone inputs
- AUX VOLUME - controls the volume level of the line-level and Bluetooth inputs
- VOL+/VOL- - controls the volume level of the built-in mp3/wma player for the USB and card slot inputs
Additionally, a single Master volume knob controls the final amplifier output level. All three input channels are simultaneously active and are mixed into the final output.
Note that there are no special formatting or file organizational requirements for the USB and Card Slot inputs. You can have any number of individual music files, but are limited to a total of 999 directories/folders. The mp3 player will recognize music files in subdirectories up to 99 deep, but it is highly recommended to limit to no more than 8 directory levels.
The speaker comes with a remote control, which can be used to control the volume levels as well as mp3 playback and navigation.
Note: The remote control that comes with the speaker system has two buttons labeled CH+ and CH-. Pressing either of these buttons will only change volume.
- User's Manual (Dec 13, 2013)
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
|Woofer Driver||8" paper cone with foam surround|
|Tweeter Driver||1/2" PEI dome tweeter|
|Power using AC (10% THD)||50 watts|
|Power using AC (1% THD)||22 watts|
|Power using Battery (10% THD)||18 watts|
|Power using Battery (1% THD)||15 watts|
|THD @ 1W||0.2%|
|Frequency Response||50 Hz ~ 20 KHz (±3dB)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||-75dB|
|Sensitivity||86dB @ 1W/m|
|AUX Input Sensitivity @ 1W||-30dBV|
|MIC1 Input Sensitivity @ 1W||-50dB (balanced)|
|MIC2 Input Sensitivity @ 1W||-48dB (unbalanced)|
|Bluetooth Sensitivity @ 1W||-90dbm @ BER THD < 0.1|
|AUX Input Impedance||20 Kilohms|
|MIC1 Input Impedance||20 Kilohms|
|MIC2 Input Impedance||20 Kilohms|
|Bluetooth Impedance||50 Ohms|
|Residual Noise with Gain at Maximum||4 mV|
PROS: nice sound, good battery.
PROS: Size, power, price, multiple connection options.
CONS: Microphone is not that great
I have not tested SD card, but the USB connector worked fine.
I am quite pleased with this device and Monoprice for offering it.
PROS: Works as advertised.
Works on battery.
Has multiple inputs.
Has wheels and collapsible handle for travel.
PROS: Wheels, Handle, Blue Tooth, Remote, Internal Battery, Mcrophone, Great Sound
CONS: Wish it had a FM reciever. But I knew it didn't when I bought, just mentioning it on how to make it better.
PROS: Price, convenience, fun
CONS: buzzing, usb/sd interface
PROS: Lots of input choices
Handle makes moving relatively heavy speaker manageable
PROS: Good price
CONS: Handle looks weak
PROS: (1) Price (Black Friday deal especially)
(2) SO many input options
(3) sound is certainly good for the price (neighbor complaints were a good sign)
CONS: More like suggestions because there things I wish it had:
(1) No audio output (I seriously would have bought 2 if I knew I could "piggyback" another speaker and have the same sound coming out of both of them)
(2) Nothing to easily carry all of the accessories (It seems like it would be easy to include a compartment to carry all of the extra goodies that come with the speaker)
PROS: Decent price, fantastic quality. This thing is exactly as advertised. Immediately out of the box and I was listening to music and the kids were singing along. All quality construction, easy to understand or set-up. Heavy unit.
CONS: Nothing really. It does lose some sound quality (distortion) at max volume level, but not a deal breaker.
The battery lasts a lot longer than we thought it would.
PROS: Great sound, easy setup.
CONS: It is hard to un-pair the speaker from a device that it has already been paired with and is in close proximity. The paired device has to be shut down.