Linemans Test Set for RJ-11 with ABN Set Cord
The Monoprice Lineman's Test Set is a professional piece of equipment designed for telephone installers, repair technicians, and phone system maintenance personnel. This durable, line-powered device is full of features for testing existing and newly installed communications systems for proper functionality.
The bright red handset is both impact and water resistant. The rubber-covered keypad and large slide switches are designed for use with gloves, making this a convenient tool for line workers. The large, heavy-duty alligator clips support five different types of wire connections, including a bed-of-nails and an insulation piercing spike. The connecting cord is covered in cloth for durability and is equipped with a strain-relief connection at the RJ11X connector. A heavy-duty, spring-loaded belt clip allows the handset to be conveniently hung from a maintenance belt.
The tester has a three-position volume switch, which can provide up to 12 dB of volume gain. The ring mode can be set to send either DTMF tones or rotary dial pulses. A three-position mode switch allows the tester to be set to Monitor, Ring, or Talk modes:
- The Monitor mode provides a high-impedance coupling to the telephone line, allowing it to be monitored without interfering with existing conversations, data transmissions, or signalling.
- The Ring mode allows the tester to be on-hook with an electronic ringer connected to the telephone line. This provides a low-impedance coupling to the telephone line for monitoring of optional line identification tones.
- The Talk mode allows the technician to seize the line or initiate signalling. From this mode a number can be dialed using the keypad. Hanging up the line is as simple as switching to the Ring or Monitor mode.
The handset includes an automatic last-number redial function, which is capable of repeating up to 31 digits. It also features a number memory storage capability, allowing the technician to store up to 10 different numbers of up to 15 digits each, including the insertion of 3-second pauses for use with trunk lines. A pre-installed CR2032 lithium battery maintains the stored number memory and can be easily replaced by removing two screws and opening the handset.
To assist in line testing, the kit includes a 5-inch, 4-wire RJ11 test lead with spade lugs on the ends of each wire. Additionally, a 2.5mm headphone jack allows the technician to utilize a microphone/headset unit instead of the handset speaker and mic. When not in use, the headphone jack is protected from moisture with a rubber cover.
- User's Manual (Jul 15, 2011)
|Loop Limit||4K ohms max at 48 VDC (5k meter - 26-gauge non-loaded) nominal 15 mA minimum loop current|
|DC Resistor||150 ohms typical t 80 mA current|
|Monitor Impedance||Low Impedance = 600 ohms typical at 1 KHz (Ring mode)|
|High Impedance = 100K ohms typical at 1 KHz (Monitor mode)|
|Rotary Dial Output|
|Pulsing Rate||10 +/- 0.5 pulses/sec|
|Percent Break||60% +/- 2%|
|Interdigital Pause||8.5 ms typical|
|Leakage During Break||> 50K ohms|
|Tone Frequency Error||+/- 1.5%|
|Level of Tone Pair||+ dBm max, -8 dBm min|
|Low vs High Tone Difference||-4 dBm max|
|Length||22.4 cm (8.8 inches)|
|Width||7.12 cm (2.8 inches)|
|Height||7.0 cm (2.75 inches)|
|Weight||380 g (13.4 ounces) max|
Included in the Box:
- 1x MCT-1900-RD Testing Handset
- 1x 61" RJ11/Alligator Clip Test Lead (attached to handset)
- 1x Spring-loaded Metal Belt Clip (attached to handset)
- 1x CR2032 Lithium Battery (installed inside handset)
- 1x 5" 4-wire RJ11 Test Lead with Spade Lugs