Because the unit includes Multi-Function Printer sharing, any user can print, scan, or fax from any computer in their home. This also supports a USB 2.0 Hub extension, which can support up to 4 USB devices over your home or office IP network. (4 port hub is not included and must be purchased separately) It complies with USB 2.0 specifications, and provides users with an auto-sensing 10/100Base-T port. The print server will even automatically identify your printer make/model upon connection.
When connecting this to a wireless router, users can access their multimedia content and USB devices wirelessly. The UPnP technology enables quick and easy setup and configuration in a Windows Vista environment. It is a one-stop-shop for multi-functional network peripheral sharing and the number of applications is practically endless.
Note: Users may not achieve optimum audio/video streaming performance when connecting to this through a wireless Ethernet router.
**NOT MAC Compatible**
- Share up to 4 USB devices through your home or office network by connecting to a USB 2.0 Hub
- Wirelessly share your USB devices through your wireless router.
- Share an external hard drive, flash drive or memory card reader with multiple users over your network
- Share a USB webcam over a network
- Enjoy music stored on any networked PC with a USB speaker*
- Allows multiple users to share a Multi-Function Printer (MFP) over a network to print, scan, and fax from any networked computer
- Supported protocols:, LPR/LPD, DHCP, UPnP
- Supports USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices
- Supports Windows Vista Rally Technology
- Works with any home or office Ethernet network
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
**NOT MAC Compatible**
* Some USB devices require a direct connection for optimum performance
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
|Networking USB 2.0 Print Server - Share 4 USB Devices|
|Question: Why do I need a network server just to connect my printer or USB device? Can''t I just use a cheaper USB to network adapter?|
|Answer: Devices with USB ports will either be hosts or peripherals. Host devices, like computers have drivers loaded on them so that they can control the functions of the peripheral device. Peripheral devices like printers, external storage and cameras can not interface with a system without a server to host them. The simple USB ethernet adapters used to connect a computer to a network is hosted by the computer it is connected to, it itself can not host another device.|
|Question: What''s the difference between PID# 5342, 5343 and 5344?|
|Answer: While all are servers used to host peripheral devices on a network, the key difference is as follows: |
PID# 5342 is primarily a Printer Service. It is a function specific device that is only designed to host the print function of printers.
PID# 5343 is can host several different types of USB devices on a network including multifunction printers, webcams, hard drives, etc.
PID# 5344 can host not only serveral types of devices, it can host up to 4 devices simultaneously using a USB hub.
|Question: How does the server allow me to access the connected device wirelessly?|
|Answer: The connected USB device must be connected to the server with a usb cable and the server must be connected to a router with an ethernet cable, however if you have a wireless router or wifi access point on your network, your computers can wirelessly access the network.|
| rated by 44 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.