If you want to wire your home for Ethernet networking, you have several choices. You can spend a lot of time and effort snaking cable through your walls and installing wall plates, you can pay someone else a lot of money to install cabling, you can run wires out in the open where they can be tripped over and produce an eyesore, or you can use this Ethernet over Power Powerline Converter Kit from Monoprice!
The Powerline Converter system uses the existing electrical wiring in your home or apartment to transmit network traffic. As long as you have a power outlet in a room, you can have network connectivity!
Each kit comes with two powerline adapters. Each adapter features a standard US NEMA 1-15 non-polarized blade plug, which serves the dual function of providing power and carrying the network data. Each adapter also features a 10/100Mbps auto-MDIX Ethernet port and a Reset/Pairing button.
Installation is as simple as plugging the adapters into wall outlets and pressing the pairing buttons to establish a connection between the two. By default the system creates a public, unprotected network. However, by using the included setup utility you can easily create a private, protected network. Up to 8 total Powerline adapters can be used within a single network and multiple networks can operate on the same electric circuit, giving a level of flexibility and control not found in most ordinary Ethernet configurations.
These Powerline adapters fully conform to the HomeplugAV standard, which means that Monoprice adapters can be used in the same network as HomeplugAV compliant adapters from other manufacturers. The adapters are able to transmit network traffic to distances up to 300 meters, however for best results it is recommended to ensure the total network length does not exceed 100 meters (328 feet).
Each Powerline adapter measures about 2.2" x 2.2" x 1.2". LEDs on the face of each converter indicate power and network connectivity status.
- Compliant with the HomePlugAV, IEEE 802.3, and IEEE 802.3u standards
- Plug and Play - no drivers required
- Uses existing power wiring to transmit network data traffic
- Up to 200Mbps wired data throughput
- Can connect to Powerline adapters up to 300 meters distant
- Web based utility to manage PLC features and settings
- Quality of Service (QoS) feature prioritizes Internet traffic
- Compatible with all other manufacturers' HomePlugAV-compliant devices
- Supports advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure data security
- Pair button quickly establishes a secure and private Powerline network with other Powerline devices
- 2x Powerline Converter adapters (200Mbps)
- 2x Ethernet cable (36")
- 1x Quick installation guide
- 1x 8cm CDROM with utility software and user's manual
| rated by 42 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.