Volume Pricing (Log In to see Member Pricing)
Mini USB Wireless Lan 802.11N Adapter - 1T1R (150Mbps)
Quickly and easily add IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi® connectivity to a Windows, Mac, or Linux desktop of laptop PC using this Mini USB Wireless LAN 802.11n Adapter from Monoprice!
This simple little adapter plugs into an available USB 2.0 port on a laptop or desktop PC. It utilizes the Realtek RTL8188SU integrated single-chip Wireless LAN (WLAN) USB 2.0 network interface controller, which combines a MAC, a 1T1R capable baseband, and RF in a single chip. It provides a single transmit path and a single receive path (1T1R) and delivers upload and download speeds up to 150Mbps.
It includes support for 64-bit and 128-bit WEP encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, and TKIP/AES security protocols. It is compatible with the Microsoft Window 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit versions), Mac OS X 10.4 ~ 10.8, and Linux Kernel 2.6.18 ~ 2.6.38 and Kernel 3.0.2 operating systems.
- 72.2Mbps receive PHY rate and 72.2Mbps transmit PHY rate using 20MHz bandwidth
- 150Mbps receive PHY rate and 150Mbps transmit PHY rate using 40MHz bandwidth
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g devices while operating at 802.11n data rates
- Supports IEEE 802.11e QoS Enhancement (WMM)
- Supports IEEE 802.11i (WPA, WPA2) open, shared key, and pair-wise key authentication services
- Supports 64-bit and 128-bit WEP encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, and TKIP/AES security protocols
- Supports channel management and co-existence
- Supports Wake-On-WLAN via Magic Packet and Wake-up frame
- Supports Transmit Opportunity (TXOP) Short Inter-Frame Space (SIFS) bursting for higher multimedia bandwidth
- One Transmit and one Receive path (1T1R)
- 20MHz and 40MHz bandwidth transmission
- Short Guard Interval (400ns)
- Maximum data rate 54Mbps in 802.11g, and 150Mbps in 802.11n
- User's Manual (Nov 10, 2011)
- Quick Install Guide for Mac OS X (May 11, 2011)
- Win-Star Drivers for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32/64-bit) (Apr 24, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32/64-bit) ver 1086.48.0809.2011 (Apr 19, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.8 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.7 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.5 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Mac OS X 10.4 ver 2.0.1 (Oct 18, 2012)
- Win-Star Drivers for Mac OS X 10.4-10.7 (Apr 25, 2012)
- Realtek Drivers for Linux Kernel 2.6.18 ~ 2.6.38 and Kernel 3.0.2 ver 220.127.116.11.20120403 (May 15, 2012)
- Win-Star Drivers for Linux (Mar 24, 2012)
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Microsoft, Windows, and Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
IEEE 802.11n (draft)
|Host Interface||High speed USB2.0/1.1 interface|
802.11n: up to 150Mbps (downlink) and 150Mbps (uplink)
802.11g: 54 / 48 / 36 / 24 / 18/ 12 / 9 / 6 Mbps auto fallback
802.11b: 11 / 5.5 / 2 / 1 Mbps auto fallback
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medical) Band|
|RF Frequency||2412 ~ 2462 MHz|
|Radio Channel||1 ~ 14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)|
|Range Coverage||Up to 3 times farther range than 802.11g|
|Antenna type||Integrated Antenna|
|Roaming||Full mobility and seamless roaming from cell to cell|
|RF Output Power||13 ~17 dBm (Typical)|
11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM with OFDM
11g: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, OFDM
11b: DQPSK, DBPSK, DSSS, CCK
64/128-bit WEP Encryption, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK,
Auto-switching to use 802.11n or 802.11g or 802.11b mode
Supports Ad-Hoc, Infrastructure WLAN network
Data rate auto fall-back under noisy environment or longer range distance
Site Survey with Profile function
|Configuration & Management||
Plug-and-Play setup and installation
Management Utility supports Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
|Media Access Control||CSMA/CA with ACK|
|LED Indicator||Link/Active (Green)|
Windows 2000, XP (32/64-bit), Vista (32/64-bit), 7 (32/64-bit),
Linux, and Mac OS X
|Operating Temperature||+32 ~ +104°F (0 ~ 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ +167°F (-20 ~ 75°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 ~ 90% (Non-condensing)|
|Storage Humidity||5 ~ 95% (Non-condensing)|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC, CE, RoHS, Wi-Fi|
PROS: Inexpensive, Great range, Easy configuration
CONS: Thought I had one when it died today but then realized I bought it 3 years ago......so, NONE!
PROS: Everything is good on this device. The price, the size and performance. This little baby is Fast ! Definitely worth purchasing I will be buying another soon. I had mine for a few months now I have no issues at all !
PROS: Out of package, plugged in and running in less than 60 seconds. Works great! software included in case your are installing on a machine without any connection.
PROS: great product, great price, great service, what else could you ask for.
CONS: navigating to the site rewrite the review is ridiculously convoluted. This is a giant disincentive for people to write reviews.
Easy To Install
PROS: USB. Great reception.
CONS: If installing on Windows 7 machine ENSURE you are fully updated. This device WILL NOT WORK with vanilla Windows 7. One of the patches that is downloaded and installed using default update settings must be installed before this will work. I've used three of these and each time I've had to fully update Windows 7 before the wireless will work. You do not need the default drivers if you update Windows 7 but they are there if you need them? I did not need them for any of my installs.
Wide... can not plug anything into an adjacent USB without force. Does not come with drivers, these must be downloaded from a site linked to in the product page.
PROS: easy to use, easy to install