This PCI adaptor card provides an 802.11N wireless connection with downlink speeds of up to 300 Mbps and uplink speeds of 150 Mbps.
The card supports 64/128/152-bit WEP and 128-bit WPA (with TKIP/AES) security modes, ensuring that your data remains safe from unwanted external intruders. The card also supports the ability to establish ad-hoc integration into a larger network. Windows drivers are included.
- Supports both Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc connetion modes
- Uses CCA technology to avoid channel conflicts
- Supports WPS for quick, easy, and secure setup
- Supports 64/128/152-bit WEP
- Complies with 128 bit WPA standard(TKIP/AES)
- Supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, and IEEE 802.1X
- Supports Roaming technology
- User's Manual (Nov 10, 2011)
- User's Manual (Jul 27, 2009)
- Drivers for Windows ver 6.68 (Feb 17, 2012)
- Drivers for Windows ver 6.58 (Sep 18, 2009)
- Drivers for Mac OS X ver 6.68 (Feb 17, 2012)
- Drivers for Mac OS X 10.3-10.5 ver 6.58 (Jul 27, 2009)
- Drivers for Linux ver 6.68 (Mar 24, 2012)
- Drivers for Linux ver 6.58 (Jul 27, 2009)
Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS 9
- Mac OS 10.0
- Mac OS 10.1
- Mac OS 10.2
- Mac OS 10.3
- Mac OS 10.4
- Mac OS 10.5
- Mac OS 10.6
|PCI Wireless Lan 802.11N|
|Question: What''s the difference between the various Wifi Standards?|
|Answer: 802.11a offers greater transmission speed than 802.11b, 54Mbps vs 11Mbps, but has shorter range. Operation in the 5Ghz range means less interferance but higher cost and not being compatible with other standards. |
802.11b is the most popular standard for home use. It has limited bandwidth but is the most cost effective solution for Wifi. It operates on the 2.4Ghz range which means it shares frequencies with other common household devices like cordless phones, microwaves and bluetooth meaning signals from other devices can interfer with operation.
802.11g was an effort to combine the benefits of both 802.11a and 802.11b. It has range similar to 802.11b and speeds comparable to 802.11a. Since it uses the same 2.4Ghz range as 802.11b it is backward compatible with that standard but not with 802.11a.
802.11n is the newest standard, however, it has not yet been finalized so products produced right now may end up not complying with the final specifications. It utilizes MINO technology which utilizes multiple signals and antennas. Ultimately, it will have a bandwidth of over 100Mbps and offer better range than any previous standard.
| rated by 47 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.