The SATA2 Serial ATA II PCI-Express RAID Controller Card from Monoprice allows you to add two extra hard drives to your computer through the PCI-Express slot on your motherboard.
The card comes with an optional RAID utility, which lets you configure a RAID 0 or RAID 1 setup on the SATA ports for increases speed or improved reliability. It uses the SIL3132 chipset.
- Support 3.0Gb/s and NCQ
- Support 1-lane (x1) PCI-Express Bus with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s
- Compliant with PCI-Express 1.0a specification
- Support SATA II specification with transfer rate 3.0Gb/s
- Backward compatible to SATA 1.0a specification
- Support hard disks with Native Command Queue(NCQ) feature
- Capability to connect to a port multiplier with FIS based switching
- Hot plugging supported
- Support Raid 0,1
- Radi 10, 5 are supported, if drives are connected to a port multiplier
- Optional external SATA (eSATA) interfacing
System Requirements and Driver supported -
Windows 7, 2000, Server 2003 32/64-bit, XP 32/64-bit, Vista 32/64-bit
PCI Express-enabled system with an available PCI Express slot
- User's Manual (Mar 14, 2012)
1 X PCI-Express SATA II two ports host controller card
1 X CD Driver
1 X User Manual
|SATA2 Serial ATA II PCI-Express RAID Controller Card (Silicon Image SIL3132)|
|Question: What is RAID?|
|Answer: RAID stands for redundant Array of Independent Disks. It allows you to take multiple hard drives and configure them in a redundant backup arrangement to prevent data loss, or combine them in to one large volume rather than two separate smaller volumes. |
The most common configurations are referred to as follows:
RAID 0 (zero) combines all the hard drives into one volume of storage space so there is no loss of capacity. This improves speed but does not actually offer any redundancy so if one disk fails, all data is lost.
RAID 1 duplicates data on all the drives. This way if any one disk fails, data is not lost because all the data has been copied on the other drives.
RAID 5 is for 3 or more drives. There is redundancy of data across the drives, but the total volume is only reduced by one drive size.
| rated by 34 user(s) |
Click here to review!
If you want to write a review, please login first by clicking here.
Monoprice welcomes your feedback. The review you submit will be displayed on the product's review page after it has been verified. It should take about 2-3 business days for this process. Monoprice verifies customer reviews and will publish them after making sure they comply with our review guidelines. You may be contacted by Monoprice regarding your submission.
We will remove reviews that:
- Contain profanity or other objectionable content. Should you find any profanity or objectionable content, please contact us at email@example.com
- Fail to focus on the product. Complaints about shipping or customer service issues will be forwarded to Customer Service to be addressed. Reviews that discuss other products, catalog copy, pricing, or other ancillary issues will be removed.
- Contain advertisements or promotional materials or contain links to external content. Monoprice will also remove reviews submitted by or on behalf of a company with an interest in a competing product.
- Any other content we deem to be inappropriate.
If you believe you may have received a defective unit, remember that Monoprice backs everything we sell with a warranty. Please use our automated return service to request a replacement. Any other issues with your order not directly related to the product itself should be directed to our online customer support chat.
Note: All or part of any product review including the Review Title, "Your Nickname", Rating, Pros/Cons, images and all other parts of the review itself may be used by Monoprice in future marketing campaigns or promotions in any media. Submission of a product review signifies consent that the information you submit may be used at Monoprice's discretion without any further notice or expectation of compensation. You are further representing that any submission is wholly an original creation by you and/or that any portion taken from third party sources have fully cleared for use.